SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone got a 3/8" long Allen head screw spare that I can have? The mount I have does not have one and the Allen head screws that I took out the dovetail bar are too long as they are about 1". I can't mount my motor drive with out it. It was all going so well.......

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone got a 3/8" long Allen head screw spare that I can have? The mount I have does not have one and the Allen head screws that I took out the dovetail bar are too long as they are about 1". I can't mount my motor drive with out it. It was all going so well.......

Is it a 3/8" Allen key your using to undo it Vicky?

playing about with the scope and the 1100d, seems adding the lens from a barlow to the end of the nose piece does allow it to focus,

1/30th sec @I ISO 100

_MG_0068_zpsy8gh8vj1.jpg

The short burst in movie mode,  ISO 400 cant change that in movie mode on 1100d without magic lantern, converted in Pipp to avi, the stacked in registax 6, and some wavelets

moonMVI_0069_pipp_zpsf5sqdm7c.jpg

Great AGM last night, thanks for all members who attended, we got through everything we needed to and re-elected in the committee, with a new addition of a procurement officer. We also seem to have planned quite a few things and added some observing nights to the schedule, so keep an eye on the website, Facebook and Twitter accounts so you know what is going on.

Thanks again, and onwards and upwards!

Yes, I know I'm a tad sad, and it's all your fault WADAS people!

However, I think my first trio of lunar photos look great all framed up for prosperity.

Another addition to Vics Astronomy Central :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-3Gt-UXEAAI-a3.jpg

Interior design too, Kieran you had better definitely watch out now!!!!!

Interior design too, Kieran you had better definitely watch out now!!!!!

Haha, well I had to put a feminine touch on things :)

It'll look great when I decide exactly where I'm going to hang it, but it is definitely going in the conservatory with all my other astronomy stuff.

The black and white will look fab against the burnt orange walls.

dont take it the wrong way - but i am really surprised at how pin sharp the focus is on those moon shots you did.

Its really really really difficult to get that accurate a focus and you absolutely nailed it.

Thanks Nick, there's nothing to take the wrong way there.

I am astounded at how well I did at a first real attempt with the camera and stacking software.

Itching to have a go at Jupiter, but I am prepared that things might not go as well there.......

Sorry I missed the AGM guys but been working away and will be for the next 5 weeks so won't be able to get out for a while also looks like I won't be getting any imaging done on the solar eclipse [emoji45]

No worries Kieran shame you'll miss the eclipse, although we'll just have to get Vicky to do it instead  :tongue:

No worries Kieran shame you'll miss the eclipse, although we'll just have to get Vicky to do it instead  :tongue:

Joking aside, I have booked my shifts at work so I am not in until 2pm on the day of the eclipse, so I am around if anyone is arranging to meet up to view it.

We'll have to talk about it at the meeting to see who is planning to meet.

Although, I am not ready to feel confident I can image this, I am more than happy to meet anyone to help with the imaging.

To meet somewhere like Overton would be good, as I probably wouldn't be able to get as far as Winscarr, plus Overton has a good all round clear view anyway.

Anyway, just putting that thought out there as I have got all the gear, and when we get the scopes sorted on 19th we'll be set.

I have got almost a full sheet of the Baader solar film which I am bringing to the meeting next week for someone to check over, as it may save us having to buy too much more :)

Joking aside, I have booked my shifts at work so I am not in until 2pm on the day of the eclipse, so I am around if anyone is arranging to meet up to view it.

We'll have to talk about it at the meeting to see who is planning to meet.

Although, I am not ready to feel confident I can image this, I am more than happy to meet anyone to help with the imaging.

To meet somewhere like Overton would be good, as I probably wouldn't be able to get as far as Winscarr, plus Overton has a good all round clear view anyway.

Anyway, just putting that thought out there as I have got all the gear, and when we get the scopes sorted on 19th we'll be set.

I have got almost a full sheet of the Baader solar film which I am bringing to the meeting next week for someone to check over, as it may save us having to buy too much more :)

If the clouds aren't about I'm sure light pollution will be too big of an issue for me he he  :grin:

Let's hope we can get some viewing and imaging done. I'll be bck in my house by then so should have access to my scopes and cameras again, happy days. Let's pray the cloud gods stay away at least for that morning anyway!

Archived