Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you'll get an excellent wide field, what about trying a t adapter and taking some prime focus shots? :)

Noooooooooo :lipsrsealed:

As soon as I buy a T mount and T2 adaptor and put it on a telescope - I cease to be doing widefield 'landscapes' using a camera on a tripod - and I then start doing AstroPhotography.

And I dont do that. Thats all serious and expensive and hard. If I stick with camera lenses only, I can carry on pursuading myself it isnt AP and is normal photography.

I once had my 8mm ethos eye piece in with very blurry views couldn't for the life of me work out what was wrong with it?

As I was using it in 2" form I forgot to take the focus end 1"1/4 clear plastic cap off! Was quite a fuzzy image that didn't focus?  :embarrassed:

post-28847-0-77800200-1425316796.gif

Noooooooooo :lipsrsealed:

As soon as I buy a T mount and T2 adaptor and put it on a telescope - I cease to be doing widefield 'landscapes' using a camera on a tripod - and I then start doing AstroPhotography.

And I dont do that. Thats all serious and expensive and hard. If I stick with camera lenses only, I can carry on pursuading myself it isnt AP and is normal photography.

Give in to the dark side Nick you know it makes sense ;)

Ooh hecky thump, I have just managed to get through and finish week 5 of the moons course. I really struggled this week, and don't think I really understood it all. My lower than average score of 21 out of 24 tells a tale. Maybe next week's material will prove to be a bit easier to digest :)

Finished week 4 of the Moons course. I think it only took me about 1.5 hours, which made a nice change as I usually end up spending far too long on each element. I don't think I'm going to move on to next week's section as I enjoy the interaction with the other students on the course.

Might have another read of my Turn Left at Orion book, as I was really enjoying it last night and gained a lot of information already.

I am finding it very well written and quite entertaining :)

I need to get a move on this week, Im only on week two due to having lack of time recently.! will have to knuckle down tonight I think and press on with it.

I need to get a move on this week, Im only on week two due to having lack of time recently.! will have to knuckle down tonight I think and press on with it.

I found week 4 very straight forward, but I struggled with this week's content on moon rocks (week 5). I'm enjoying the course though, and learning so much. This month's Astronomy Now magazine has a feature on moons which is also quite interesting :)

I found week 4 very straight forward, but I struggled with this week's content on moon rocks (week 5). I'm enjoying the course though, and learning so much. This month's Astronomy Now magazine has a feature on moons which is also quite interesting :)

Ah cool, ive picked up the course again tonight so hopefully this week ill get a couple of weeks worth done on it. I might have a look at the Astrononmy now mag, when i was younger I used to get it every month and had folders full of it. but over the last few years ive been a subscriber to the sky at night mag.

I have just started buying the AN magazine this last 2 months, I wondered what I had become as I plucked February's copy off the shelf and put up in my basket :)

I must admit, I looked through AN and The Sky at Night, but fancied more of the articles in AN this month, although The Sky at Night does have solar viewing glasses on the front cover this month!

I know things are available on-line but I like sitting with a book or magazine and having a proper read.

If I'm going to keep buying it I am thinking of doing the year subscription as it is only £3 a month when you pay up-front.

I have just started buying the AN magazine this last 2 months, I wondered what I had become as I plucked February's copy off the shelf and put up in my basket :)

I must admit, I looked through AN and The Sky at Night, but fancied more of the articles in AN this month, although The Sky at Night does have solar viewing glasses on the front cover this month!

I know things are available on-line but I like sitting with a book or magazine and having a proper read.

If I'm going to keep buying it I am thinking of doing the year subscription as it is only £3 a month when you pay up-front.

i subscribe to s@n, but I did used to enjoy Astronomy now. maybe ill get both lol

had another look at the eyepieces 4 in total and they've got some sort of grease on them that maybe reflecting light inside the lens as its shiny anodized black

Maybe a trip back with them then?

I toyed with that idea, but didn't know if they covered too similar subjects each month to make it worth getting both.

I think thats why I didnt do it Vicky, i did notice some months there were similar topics in both of the bags. I enjoy the s@n but AN is a good mag also so. decisions, decisions :)

I get s@n delivered but my copy hasn't arrived yet, worried I wont get my copy and free glasses in time for the eclipse! :(

That's not good as this month's issue of S@N has been in the shops for well over a week now, maybe nearer a fortnight.

Hope you get yours soon.

I was tempted to get it this month as there is a feature on Stargazing Live.

I have some solar glasses. If I pick up a copy you are more than welcome to have the glasses that come with it if your copy fails to arrive on time.

It's got time yet, so fingers crossed!

I get s@n delivered but my copy hasn't arrived yet, worried I wont get my copy and free glasses in time for the eclipse! :(

Id ring them up if I was you, ive had mine a week or more now. I think it comes out on the 3rd Thursday of the month, so thats nearly 2 weeks ago now

Archived