SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a productive and enjoyable evening, great stuff Kieran and well done on the image's.

Comet is very nice image and Crab too, a little different to how I thought it would turn out having a little more red in it but never sure how they should turn out?

I'm used to seeing them in monochrome.

Woke up at 3 so after looking outside noticed it was clear so had a scout about.

M13 & 92 were easy to find as Hercules was high with Vega twinkling away bed a very familiar sight with the loose double epsilon lyrae 1 & 2 lying just to the east of the main star.

Saturn was up in Scorpio so I spent time again looking

Was a good half an hour

Great up here as well in Kielder Mark. Got the ISS earlier from the top of the road, came back for tea, now just going out again for a while. It is blowing a gale but got big bins and camera so gonna see how I go :)

post-22085-0-60844200-1424298189_thumb.j

A very windy but productive hour... Couldn't get any more pics as camera would have blown away but had 25x70's out.

Managed M81 and M82 pretty easily.

Pleiades and Hyades both looked awesome, as did Orion Nebula so spent so time admiring these whilst trying not to be blown over!

Triangulum I got just before it sneaked below the tree line and Andromeda was a wonderful sight taking in almost the full field of view.

Finally had a long session admiring the double cluster which almost blew me away with the clarity and number of stars I could pick out and the number I knew were just hiding waiting for the big guns some clear evening and then only a smidge below it Lovejoy was shouting out for a peek, almost had both the double cluster and Lovejoy in the same field of view they were that close to each other.

All in all a wicked hour and well worth braving the gale and the drive to the top of the lane.

:)

Sounds like a nice evening Soupy. It was breezey here too although not as strong as what you were experiencing.

I had a quick look around Leo but too much light pollution at home blots everything out!

Jupiter looked as impressive as ever ;-)

Typical Damian. You could have popped up here but would have been the same, clear earlier just checked now after a few glasses of vin rouge and it's high cloud with only the brightest stars peeking through. So best finish the bottle off now ;)

I've been out since 7:30 and only just come in 10:51 clouds come and gone but never covered the hole of the sky so I've just moved about. Jupiter, m44, m41, m31, m45, Orion Nebula. I did try for Leo triplets but no joy and probably other things i don't know but had fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived