SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm so excited, I just have to share my first stacked video image of Jupiter taken this evening.

Tried a bit of wavelets, but I have no idea if I could have done them better.

I am thrilled, and this is just the first video I have stacked, and I've got 48 to go at! :)

attachicon.gifJ46 Stack1 04.03.15.tif

Super! nice image, well done :)

Brilliant imaging Vicky... 2 moons as well...

Here come the late nights that are the processing after being out observing! Work will suffer ;)

I am logging out after replying, honest........

Early shift at work, plus it is my birthday in 1/2 an hour, and I don't want to spoil that :)

which scope are you using vicky for imaging?

I am using DMK21AU04.AS monochrome CCD straight into my Celestron NexStar 8SE scope. Just getting used to getting the object in the field of view and using the software before I attempt to try the RGB filers.

Nice image Vicky and happy birthday. Don't forget the buns for work [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the birthday wishes, and the buns are all ready to go!

I'll bring some to the meeting on 19th so you don't miss out with not having a meeting this evening : D

I am using DMK21AU04.AS monochrome CCD straight into my Celestron NexStar 8SE scope. Just getting used to getting the object in the field of view and using the software before I attempt to try the RGB filers.

Nice, thats the scope im deciding to get or not, I cant decide if I should get the 8 or just the 6inch version. Ive heared alot of people say the 8inch is a bit too heavy for the goto mount and sufferes a lot from vibration, so im just not sure if its worth the extra 3-400 extra pounds. I cant decide lol. Ill prob just end up with the 6inch at this rate.

Happy Birthday to you too :)

Nice, thats the scope im deciding to get or not, I cant decide if I should get the 8 or just the 6inch version. Ive heared alot of people say the 8inch is a bit too heavy for the goto mount and sufferes a lot from vibration, so im just not sure if its worth the extra 3-400 extra pounds. I cant decide lol. Ill prob just end up with the 6inch at this rate.

Happy Birthday to you too :)

I got this scope as it was offered at a really bargain price, along with the 2 x CCD cameras (which had never been used), and the scope had only been used half a dozen times in the guy's back garden.

I always forget who everyone is on here, is it Scott?

You are more than welcome to pop down to my house (I live in Horbury) to have a go at the scope before you decide what to buy.

I haven't managed to get it set up and aligned perfectly yet, as I have only been out with it 3 times, so objects gradually fall away when it is tracking, and it does seem to have a bit of vibration when it is tracking.

It is quite a heavy scope, but I am new to all this and I have no experience of any other scope other that the little 80mm frac I have been fixing up on a new mount ready for DSO imaging.

If you are at the next meeting on 19th you can see me then, or pop me a private message and you can arrange to come down to have a "play" with the scope and see what you think. I am at home most evenings :)

Archived