Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you managed a few hours out Mark and picked up a few gems

Leo triplets are difficult in sky with any hint of light pollution

It was frosty and bright when I woke so I'd obviously missed some good clear am skies and probably Saturn looking stunning

Hope the head isn't bad this morning Soupy after all that cloud induced Vino!

I'm sure u can stretch it a another day or so Paul [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could Mark, just depends on whether or not the rest of them want to stay... ;)

But at least there will be lots more opportunities.

I'm sure you can soupy, if the weathers gonna be clear here I might have a trip up to winscarr on sat or Sunday

Mirror polishing take's priority though, got to get this finished as it's not long till the 2015 winter season and a full raft of star parties to attend!

I'm sure you can soupy, if the weathers gonna be clear here I might have a trip up to winscarr on sat or Sunday

Mirror polishing take's priority though, got to get this finished as it's not long till the 2015 winter season and a full raft of star parties to attend!

Looking like it might be clear for Saturday night Damian, if I don't stay up here I might come and join you. I might even have picked up the 8" Dob by then! :)

Well I've had 7 days in wark on the Scottish boarders. So glad the forecast was wrong. I've had 5 clear nights including tonight. Seen loads and mist others but enjoyable. Sorry if it's been cloudy Were you are. See you all soon

Mark

Leigh I don't have the postcode but if you head to dunford bridge, but turn off right just before it signed for Huddersfield the car park is about half a mile or so on the left. If you end up at hade edge you have gone too far. :)

Leigh I don't have the postcode but if you head to dunford bridge, but turn off right just before it signed for Huddersfield the car park is about half a mile or so on the left. If you end up at hade edge you have gone too far. :)

Cheers Paul,   couldn't remember name of the village either. will know where to go once I get there, although forecast has changed overnight form totally clear to cloudy partially clear

Good read Damian. When's the next instalment

Cheers Mark. I'm not sure it take's quite a bit to do about an hour so it'll be as and when I can.

The pic's tell a decent bit of the tale but I've also foolishly dropped myself in it for a society chat too! That'll be some time but along the same lines as the thread

Archived