NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a lovely half hour with my new bins last night! I can highly recommend the Helios nature sport plus 10*50 from flo, super sharp and very flat field with a 6.5deg fov.

Pleiades and Orion were lovely, as was the beehive cluster and double cluster.

I'm seeing stars!!!!!

Had a lovely half hour with my new bins last night! I can highly recommend the Helios nature sport plus 10*50 from flo, super sharp and very flat field with a 6.5deg fov.

Pleiades and Orion were lovely, as was the beehive cluster and double cluster.

I'm seeing stars!!!!!

Yes indeed, they are fabulous binoculars! Mine are the previous version, not the "Plus" and the views are incredible. They'll be even better in the Plus version with the improved coatings :)

Had a very productive morning.

Thank you for the information on the flight cases Derek - definitely one to look into when I get some cash.

Got a few of my accessories and EPs in the case - decided to lay the EPs down as it was a bit tight on the depth, plus I can't see me getting so many more! Think I've decided to get a couple more BST Explorer/Starguider EPs as and when I see them :)

post-39306-0-61001300-1451909197_thumb.j

Hi Vicky,

I am putting some shots of the cases here. Some are Peli Cases and others are from CPC. The CPC are very sturdy. I buy my foam from Thomann in Germany. It costs about £50 per sheet delivered. It comes in at 25mm x 1 mtr x 2 mtr. These days foam of good quality is expensive unfortunately. The pick and pluck variety is of no use to protect a NEQ6 mount. You need the stiffer variety. I also save the foam from the makers  that comes with bought products. Waste not want not so to speak!

I just cut the foam shape out after fitting it into loosly into the case. Then glue it in with double sided (heavy duty) carpet tape (Screwfix). Ordinary tape does not adhere properly.

I have included a shot of two battery boxes. One I made up from parts I acquired separately the other from the makers (Tracer).  In doing so I save over £250. The foam was offcuts from the other boxes and better quality than that Tracer supplied.

Hope some of this helps you decide what to do.

Derek

post-3291-0-84733800-1451912418_thumb.jp

post-3291-0-10846200-1451912438_thumb.jp

post-3291-0-54494500-1451912469_thumb.jp

post-3291-0-08110100-1451912515_thumb.jp

post-3291-0-14695100-1451912535_thumb.jp

Cheers buddy really appreciate that

I went down to the shop for you Adam, they have sold out. I checked the other shop too but they had none as Vicky mentioned. If I were you, id order it from there website if its still on there, i think its free delivery to the store if you want me to pick it up.

Thank you for the information on the flight cases Derek - definitely one to look into when I get some cash.

Got a few of my accessories and EPs in the case - decided to lay the EPs down as it was a bit tight on the depth, plus I can't see me getting so many more! Think I've decided to get a couple more BST Explorer/Starguider EPs as and when I see them :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

looks neater than my case Vicky

Hi Vicky,

I am putting some shots of the cases here. Some are Peli Cases and others are from CPC. The CPC are very sturdy. I buy my foam from Thomann in Germany. It costs about £50 per sheet delivered. It comes in at 25mm x 1 mtr x 2 mtr. These days foam of good quality is expensive unfortunately. The pick and pluck variety is of no use to protect a NEQ6 mount. You need the stiffer variety. I also save the foam from the makers  that comes with bought products. Waste not want not so to speak!

I just cut the foam shape out after fitting it into loosly into the case. Then glue it in with double sided (heavy duty) carpet tape (Screwfix). Ordinary tape does not adhere properly.

I have included a shot of two battery boxes. One I made up from parts I acquired separately the other from the makers (Tracer).  In doing so I save over £250. The foam was offcuts from the other boxes and better quality than that Tracer supplied.

Hope some of this helps you decide what to do.

Very impressive

Derek

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Much neater than mine but it has evolved over the last few years and bits have changed. The new case I will sort then it's new foam for the old case and sort what I'm putting in it. :grin:

Has anyone made any plans for Saturday morning for the Venus/saturn conjunction. I know its wishful thinking but I was wondering if anyone had any plans to get together for the conjunction? 

I belive this month is the first time that all 5 naked  eye visable planets can be seen in the same month since 2005, (i didnt look that top fact up honest :)  )  

there both rising about 5:40 am, chasing mars up into the sky. I reckon they will be visable for a goog 90mins before the sun rises aroun 8am. 

Anyway, if you didnt know about it yopu do know now, cameras and scopes at the ready. They might be viewable in the same field of view through a scope.

Ive attatched a screen shot of the view south west at just after 6am.

What will the chances of it been clear though!

post-13088-0-31772200-1451926670_thumb.p

I have a sort of a south east view, my east view is blocked a little by a house, so if it's clear on the forecast I might get my things ready the night before and drive somewhere. The hill at stain cross fire me night be good as pace as any

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Haha, that's funny. That's what you get for typing on the phone quickly and not checking :) it's obvious what it means though..... anyway, it's meant to say the hill at staincross for me might be as good a place as any.

Chris to English dictionary will be avaliable at the agm, priced 2.50. All funds go to the 'stop the dribble' charity.

Haha, that's funny. That's what you get for typing on the phone quickly and not checking :) it's obvious what it means though..... anyway, it's meant to say the hill at staincross for me might be as good a place as any.

Chris to English dictionary will be avaliable at the agm, priced 2.50. All funds go to the 'stop the dribble' charity.

Yes completely obvious what you meant.

Two pints of lager and a packet of roasted nuts!  :grin:

Archived