WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back home train delayed 30 min in kings cross no driver or guard how dose that work. Nice cup of tea and soak our feet early to bed what a fun weekend though.

Cats was amazing Xmas lights disappointing seen better in Leeds

Mark

Think he might have just been a little bit impressed - it's not a bad effort ;)

Well, I really enjoyed Star Wars but felt lousy when I got home and went straight to bed.

Feel even worse this morning and I've only just crawled out of bed, which isn't like me.

Hope I feel better soon - got too much to do this week to have a virus.

Hope it isn't too windy for anyone planning a viewing trip, or even just a bit of back yard viewing :)

Hope you've not got what I started the week with as I was terrible Monday and Tuesday.

I'm still getting over it and the runny nose is just a pain!

I've not started any shopping either although to be fair I'm not a Christmas person, find it all hype and far too busy with panic stricken people dashing about!

Glad you enjoyed the new film.

Think he might have just been a little bit impressed - it's not a bad effort ;)

Well, I really enjoyed Star Wars but felt lousy when I got home and went straight to bed.

Feel even worse this morning and I've only just crawled out of bed, which isn't like me.

Hope I feel better soon - got too much to do this week to have a virus.

Hope it isn't too windy for anyone planning a viewing trip, or even just a bit of back yard viewing :)

Hope you've not got what I started the week with as I was terrible Monday and Tuesday.

I'm still getting over it and the runny nose is just a pain!

I've not started any shopping either although to be fair I'm not a Christmas person, find it all hype and far too busy with panic stricken people dashing about!

Glad you enjoyed the new film.

He did not wave he was sat at the window were he's been since he arrived on ISS with his thumbs up and that silly grin all over his face [emoji6]

Mark

Whilst sniggering and saying cool every few minutes, but like bevis and butt head :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you are not well Vicky... take it easy and get better soon and remember what Christmas is all about, not what the shops want us to believe it is about ;)

There is some aurora out tonight, I am currently imaging the northern horizon am picking up some faint green in my 25 second exposures

Yes, I think I see some feint green in my images, however I have some bad LP from Wakefield making it all very orange too!

Going to keep on snapping to see what I get - could do with going out to get a better northern horizon, but I am still in my PJ's from this morning so not going anywhere.

I agree with you about Christmas, which is why I'm not too concerned about what needs to be bought :)

First real night out with my new scope, using ipad is fantastic, slew to a object and it gives you a audio description of what you are looking at !!, I am using goto on & off so as not to rely on it too much and still get my own bearings on the night sky in between.

The optics are far far better than my other scope and everything about the set up feels sturdy and stable.

Despite the moon up there I am still getting some good obs, including my first ever look at Uranus !!.

Its cold but I am out again in 5 minutes, the settings/alignment will stay on the ipad even though it is closed I just open up the portal and tap connect and everything is back as I left it, hoping to get some obs on Orion shortly despite as mentioned regarding moon!!.

Eric  

First real night out with my new scope, using ipad is fantastic, slew to a object and it gives you a audio description of what you are looking at !!, I am using goto on & off so as not to rely on it too much and still get my own bearings on the night sky in between.

The optics are far far better than my other scope and everything about the set up feels sturdy and stable.

Despite the moon up there I am still getting some good obs, including my first ever look at Uranus !!.

Its cold but I am out again in 5 minutes, the settings/alignment will stay on the ipad even though it is closed I just open up the portal and tap connect and everything is back as I left it, hoping to get some obs on Orion shortly despite as mentioned regarding moon!!.

Eric

Nice one. Enjoy, might get my scope out in a bit if the clouds stay away

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Just had Ryan round to drop some bits off.

Think he may have been impressed with my efforts not sure though!

Looking forward to getting it sorted and giving it a proper run out.

The forecast is looking good apart from the wind which is gonna be the biggest problem.

Nice to catch up with you earlier mate. Your scope is just unbelievable!! It shows your skills as a telescope builder are second to none! You want to be seriously proud of it mate. It's Awsome! Litrally cannot wait to have a go with it. It looks a hell of a lot bigger in the flesh as well lol. It's huge!! [emoji437][emoji108][emoji4]

Just had a quick session with the little 80mm refractor in the front yard, as I don't feel well enough to handle the heavy set-up tonight.

Uranus is a nice easy find tonight, despite the moon, as we have some good marker stars to find it :)

Just had a look at it through the binos too!

Archived