Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a bit of a hiccup last weekend with the Star Adventurer when the tripod I was using for it decided to sheer and is no longer stable.

Times are hard at present, so I had a rummage around to see what I could use as a replacement tripod.

Very impressed with myself today as I have once again used Vic's Tool Kit.

Dug out the 8SE tripod, which I am not using, took the Star Adventurer off the other mount and hey-presto!

Now I've got a really good solid dedicated tripod for it and I've no need to go out spending - win win situation.

I am getting good at this Astro-fixing malarkey lol :)

post-39306-0-42268700-1450278214_thumb.j

Had a bit of a hiccup last weekend with the Star Adventurer when the tripod I was using for it decided to sheer and is no longer stable.

Times are hard at present, so I had a rummage around to see what I could use as a replacement tripod.

Very impressed with myself today as I have once again used Vic's Tool Kit.

Dug out the 8SE tripod, which I am not using, took the Star Adventurer off the other mount and hey-presto!

Now I've got a really good solid dedicated tripod for it and I've no need to go out spending - win win situation.

I am getting good at this Astro-fixing malarkey lol :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice one Vicky

PS love the Christmas decorations

PPS check my sig it's gone

Neil

Nice one Vicky

PS love the Christmas decorations

PPS check my sig it's gone

Neil

Thanks Neil - I had to make sure I aimed the camera to keep most of the decorations out of shot.

Think poor Damian would pass out if he saw them in all their glory lol

Yes, I see you have been busy updating your signature - nicely done ;)

Thanks Neil - I had to make sure I aimed the camera to keep most of the decorations out of shot.

Think poor Damian would pass out if he saw them in all their glory lol

Yes, I see you have been busy updating your signature - nicely done ;)

Oh my God! Overload!

Seen the BBC4 programmes before but they are interesting

Just started watching Beyond The Moon - I'm sure it's been on quite recently, but I'm watching it again.

Don't know about us being able to see the ISS passing over - think Tim Peake will be able to see my Christmas decorations as he's passing over head! LOL

You would definitely have a nervous breakdown if you came within 500 yards hehe ;)

That setup looks mint Vicky!

I don't think I'll end up making it to the curry tonight, something can come up at work and being sent to site this afternoon, don't think I will make it back in time. With the bad Wakey traffic yesterday taking an hour to get home yesterday  and now this, not having any free time this week :(

Matt.

I don't think I'll end up making it to the curry tonight, something can come up at work and being sent to site this afternoon, don't think I will make it back in time. With the bad Wakey traffic yesterday taking an hour to get home yesterday and now this, not having any free time this week :(

Matt.

Sorry to hear that Matt but you never know the roads might be clear. What am I saying there's more chance of clear sky's. There I go again how about this. There's more chance of Damian not having Choco..... No ... more chance of Vicky not talking no that's no good either soupy buying another dob I give up. Try anyway to make it

Mark

I don't think I'll end up making it to the curry tonight, something can come up at work and being sent to site this afternoon, don't think I will make it back in time. With the bad Wakey traffic yesterday taking an hour to get home yesterday  and now this, not having any free time this week :(

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Im going tonight and im driving, so if you would like a lift there seen as your not far from me im more than happy to pick you up and take you if you wanted a few beers :) 

The offers there anyway if you decide you would like to go.

Chris

Hi Naaaysmith and welcome to the forum.

We normally post meets on our events page witch can be found in Yorkshire stargazing.

Most of the time we meet in the large car park but keep an eye on the forum for changes.

You can also join us at Horbury Academy http://wakefieldastronomysociety.co.uk/upcoming-meetings-and-events.html all details can be found here. Look forward to seeing you some time

Mark

Have a nice meal & drink all of you this evening, I wish I could have joined you, but taking one of my grandsons who has been invited

For trial with Everton fc, then babysitting duties !!

That sounds awsome! Wish him good luck from me [emoji106]

Due to clear skies forecast, tonight's curry has been cancelled in favour of some last minute, well needed, stargazing.............

Haha... Only joking, but isn't it typical that clearish skies are forecast when we are otherwise engaged!

Looking forward to an entertaining evening.

Ryan and Lee I can pop you back on the way home, but all sick requires a cleaning bond of £50 ;)

Alex welcome to the thread, and do please keep an eye on our events thread found here

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/254340-wakefield-and-district-astronomical-society-wadas-events-page/page-1

And please come and join us either at one of our observing sessions or even one of our meetings! :)

Good luck to your grandson tonight Eric, shame you can't make it.

Matt try to make it if you can. The wakefield traffic last night was a nightmare I was stuck in it, it was all due to the M62 being shut... Typical for a glob if you ask me! ;)

Archived