Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from (cloudy!!) Scotland

heedthebaw

Hi guys

Just thought i'd introduce myself! Name's Michael and from Southside of Glasgow.

Had an interest in the sky for years but only ever used binoculars up until now. I recently bought my dad a Celestron Astromaster 130 for his birthday and haven't been able to keep away from it. Got the basic filters with it so haven't been able to see any great detail, however really looking forward to Orion returning.

I've a million questions but find the best way to read either a book or a blog and then the search button. If i'm really stuck i'll seek you guys' expertise!

Plans for the immediate future are to buy some better eye-pieces, filters etc. In the long term i'd hope to upgrade to a more powerful Dobsonian scope and throw a decent CCD camera in there and start photographing some of the Messier objects (already in awe at some of the stuff on here).

For now, clear skies and i'll see you around the forums

Hi, Michael, and welcome to SGL! Before spending money on eyepieces I can recommend you read the article "Eyepieces - the very least you need" found here: If you are thinking of getting into astrophotography I can recommend Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" This is available from 'First Light Optics' (who sponsor SGL). Reading this before buying equipment for astro photography may save you a lot of wasted time and effort - and even save you money! (The author is also a member on this forum and goes under the name "Steppenwolf").

Hope this helps

Martin

hi and welcome from me sounds like your jumping in at the deep end deep sky imaging is not as easy as it sounds but with the right kit and a lot of cold nights ,kit playing up computers giving more headaches and general hassles astro imaging is very worth while but it takes a lot of work

hope you achieve your goals enjoy sgl

pat

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Hi, Michael, and welcome to SGL! Before spending money on eyepieces I can recommend you read the article "Eyepieces - the very least you need" found here: http://stargazerslou...-least-you-need If you are thinking of getting into astrophotography I can recommend Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" This is available from 'First Light Optics' (who sponsor SGL). Reading this before buying equipment for astro photography may save you a lot of wasted time and effort - and even save you money! (The author is also a member on this forum and goes under the name "Steppenwolf").

Hope this helps

Martin

Great help Martin thanks! I'll check the book out as well.

hi and welcome from me sounds like your jumping in at the deep end deep sky imaging is not as easy as it sounds but with the right kit and a lot of cold nights ,kit playing up computers giving more headaches and general hassles astro imaging is very worth while but it takes a lot of work

hope you achieve your goals enjoy sgl

pat

That kind of set-up will be a few years away but i'm well prepared for the cold!

Hi Michael, and welcome from sunny Swindon, will be holidaying in Galloway in a couple of weeks so hope the sky clears PDQ. Best wishes and clear skies!

Cheers and enjoy the holiday :smiley:

Hi and welcome must be a celtic fan :tongue:

No idea what gave it away but you are correct!

Archived