Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oooh, I like this...

JamesF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be out, but my internal clock for some reason unbeknownst to me has reset itself so that i am now in bed by 10pm (11 at the latest) and waking up at 8am.

Never happened to me before. I'll get over it i'm sure. I was off kilter all last week with a kidney infection.

Nice night here too but a gusty breeze is giving the dob a knocking now and then. I'll stick to low to medium power I think but the transparency seems good. Lovely view of M57 with the 13mm Ethos :smiley:

Clouds coming across here now so I've bought the scope in. Best views of the Veil I've ever had though so I've been motivated to post a report in the deep sky viewing section :smiley:

I have just been doing exactly the same. The cloud got worse and there was no point staying out. It has cleared a little to the north east now, but I can see more on its way so I think I'd be wasting my time.

Had a lovely few of the sky to the east after I'd packed up thouigh, with the Pleiades and Hyades looking very pretty and Aldebaran showing very orange even to the naked eye and low in the sky.

James

Still clear here :grin: - bit chilly, but lovely and calm... Enjoying being a space tourist with my little Megrez 90 scope

How odd. You really can't be too far away in a straight line (it's less than 30 miles to Cardiff from here), but the wind is really gusting here yet it's not really chilly at all.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Whilst I was checking the incoming cloud and feeling slightly awestruck by the delights of Taurus just now I saw three meteors in the space of as many seconds. So I can go to bed content even if the promise of a long night has been stolen from me.

James

Beautifully clear in Cork. MW stunning. Transparency very good. Only came in as have to earn a crust tomorrow. Great, great, little session. Using my new used Nagler 7mm helped :) :) :)

Even some nice meteors thrown in, one leaving a nice tail behind

Barry

I know what you mean James, looks like I might be able to get some sleep again with darkness rolling in so early! Bed at 3 then up for work at 6.45 is starting to take its toll.

Mind you it's half two now. Where does the time go?!! :shocked:

Archived