Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Scotland

Toshy

Hello all,

Went round to a friend's back garden observatory last night and rekindled an interest in observing after a 35 year lay off.....subsequently spent all this morning browsing the web looking at telescopes and related items. I am particularly keen on the Skyliner 200P GOTO.....I had better warn my wife what is to come.....

Regards,

Tosh

Hi Tosh, welcome to SGL. I'm just down the road from you at Colinton Mains.

A dobsonian is a very good way back into observing, but maybe start a new thread in the scope discussion section if you need advice, or drop me a PM any time. Happy to help you get set up.

Andrew

Welcome to SGL Tosh :)

Check out the CSOG group, we meet at a few dark sites in the Central Belt.... one not a million miles from Balerno. You will get the chance to see different types of scope in the flesh before you buy.

Welcome to SGL Tosh. :smiley:

I'm not too far from you as well, as Lore said if you'd like to get out and try a few different scopes, eyepieces etc before you buy you'd be more than welcome to come along to an observing session. Although you won't go far wrong with the 200P Skyliner I have it's big brother the 300P, they really are excellent scopes. :smiley:

Archived