Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Televue Price Adjustment!

Damo636

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news if these prices make it across the atlantic !

Hi Demo

I can'tsee the reduction last time I looked Delios was £295.00 and there still £295.00 ?

Doug

The Delos has been on a 15% off deal for a month or two now. They should be £250 each.

SCS have followed the Telescope House lead but interestingly their prices are slightly different? The biggest reductions seems to be on the 21 & 6mm Ethos (from Telescope House)with the best part of £150 trimmed off!

I just been comparing the prices between Telescope House, Widescreen Centre and SCS Astro - interesting. A bit frustrating as I bought the 21mm Ethos about 2 months ago and really only started to use it a few nights ago. As previously stated the 6mm Ethos and the 21mm Ethos seem to be the best bargains from TH.

I was thinking of buying the 6mm Delos at the South West Show next weekend for £250 but with the 6mm Ethos selling for £344 I might have to re-think this again.

Makes you wonder if the Delos 15% off deal was TV testing the water to see how it would stimulate demand ?. As it clearly did, and on quite a large scale judging by the Delos purchasing on this forum alone, they now feel confident about a reduction across their ranges as folks decide that they are now just about within reach rather than just too costly ?.

Either way I guess it's good news unless you have just invested in an expensive TV model - sorry Mark :embarrassed:

the only reason I haven't had the 21 before was the price..really struggled to justify this but the price now is what I was hoping to get one second-hand...

I was in the same situation but I found a mint used ES 20 / 100 for over £300 less than even the now-reduced price of the Ethos 21. I could not overlook such a massive difference. Even as a die hard TV fan I have to admin that the ES 20 / 100 produces very Ethos-like views :smiley:

Maybe in significantly faster scopes I'd be less satisfied with it though ?

I am almost in tears, 6mm ethos just over 300 quid, I paid nearer 500 in May.

The only other Ethos I want, the 4.7mm hasn't really moved, 20 quid I think. A quick look means I can get a 3mm Radian with post less than I can get one here. I think I will hold hard until I see if the Germans are going to follow suite.

Boo Hoo.

Alan.

I was in the same situation but I found a mint used ES 20 / 100 for over £300 less than even the now-reduced price of the Ethos 21. I could not overlook such a massive difference. Even as a die hard TV fan I have to admin that the ES 20 / 100 produces very Ethos-like views :smiley:

Maybe in significantly faster scopes I'd be less satisfied with it though ?

...and with my incoming F3.9..it maybe the ep that gets the most use...just the paracorr 2 to go..

Archived