NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-157, the Bubble nebula (NGC7635), cluster NGC7510 and Planetary nebula PLN 110-0.1

swag72

Located in the constellation of Cassiopeia approximately 8100 lights years away. Sh2-157 is also known as the claw. In the lower left is the Bubble nebula (NGC7635). The shape of the nebula is caused by a stellar wind and radiation pressure from several massive young stars.

The small cluster of diagonal stars above the claw is NGC 7510. The planetary nebula of PLN 110-0.1 is located above the nebula to the right.

Details

M: HEQ5

T: Takahashi FSQ85 0.73x

C: Atik 460EX mono with 3nm Astrodon Ha filter

9x1800s Ha with flats added.

I am hoping to add some colour to this perhaps over the next few nights.

post-5681-0-26521200-1371037833_thumb.jp

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all - Appeciate you looking and commenting. It's an interesting shape, and I personally like the framing to have so much in view. I even moved the camera orientation for this, which is unheard of!!!

Thanks very much all - I'll upload a full res version and you can have a look later Adrian. Still got some cleaning to do after an over exuberant builder changed my bathroom and then spanish classes!

Archived