Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sh2-157, the Bubble nebula (NGC7635), cluster NGC7510 and Planetary nebula PLN 110-0.1

swag72

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am loving the FSQ85 and 460 combo - Oh and the 3nm Ha filter of course!!!

Do you think you'll move up (although, I'm not sure if it's much of a move) to an Atik 4000, or stick with the 460?

Thanks Martin and Jonathan - The Tak may have a little sing sometimes!!!

I'd not consider swapping the 460 for the 4000 - I deliberated long and hard over this when I bought the 460 as I was imaging with my Pentax at the time, and it has a large imaging circle. I eventually came down on the side of the 460 due to it's sensitivity in NB as I'm rather partial to it!!! I'm confident that for me I made the absolutel right choice.

Thanks Martin and Jonathan - The Tak may have a little sing sometimes!!!

I'd not consider swapping the 460 for the 4000 - I deliberated long and hard over this when I bought the 460 as I was imaging with my Pentax at the time, and it has a large imaging circle. I eventually came down on the side of the 460 due to it's sensitivity in NB as I'm rather partial to it!!! I'm confident that for me I made the absolutel right choice.

Thanks Sara, that's good to know as the Tak FSQ85 is one of my "dream scopes" that I'm aiming towards. Having the best CCD camera for it (within reason and some budget constraint) off the bat would be good. I had been considering the 314L+, but the 460 gives stunning results.

Thanks Sara, that's good to know as the Tak FSQ85 is one of my "dream scopes" that I'm aiming towards. Having the best CCD camera for it (within reason and some budget constraint) off the bat would be good. I had been considering the 314L+, but the 460 gives stunning results.

+1

Longer term, say two years or so, the FSQ85 is on my hit-list as well. That's why I am considering pushing the boat out, swallowing hard and getting the 460 instead of the 314 ...

I love the claw Sara, spectacular! :)

Archived