Another Hi from Norfolk

starcruiser

Hello everybody

I'm Martin I live in North Norfolk (UK) and have been interested in Stargazing ever since my Mum brought me a Patrick Moore book when I was 9. So only 40 years.

The Starcruiser name is not originally to do with astronomy, I sort of acquired it when CB radio 1st came out. So I've been using that for 35 years as well.

I've never been very good at finding objects with any of the telescopes I've had in the past, but that might be because I lived mostly in London with the light pollution.

Anyway I've just brought a Celestron 114lcm and thought I might start getting a bit more serious as I now live in a road where the local council has put in anti pollution lighting.

Looking forward to making many new friends

thanks for reading my ramble

Martin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Martin,

I'm new to star gazing, I'm currently sitting outside in the cold waiting for the hercules constellation to appear so I can try finding the m13 deep sky object..

Fingers crossed! :)

Welcome to sgl & look forward to hearing how you get on

Hi Martin welcome to the lounge,

do you have Stellarium, if not download from here,

http://www.stellarium.org/ it will help you to find your

way around the night sky, and it's free, good luck with

your new scope, and enjoy this great hobby.

Clear Sky's

Thanks for all the welcomes, I have been using stellarium for quite a while, the problem I have finding objects has been with very cheap scopes not the general placing of the objects.

Stellarium is very good though and does help for general direction.

Archived