Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn June 2nd Good seeing at last!

Thanks fellas! Captures are 6 mins Ewan I only took one IR at the end of the night just concentrated on knocking out as many colour avis as possible given the good seeing, I'm thinking an animation might work as there may be enough surface detail.

Here is another image from a 3000 stack taken at 10.48pm. This is better than the above images I feel.

gallery_4016_412_26303.png

Thanks James yes a UV/IR cut filter is essential. Frame rate varied between 35 and 50fps depending on the gain which was between 70 and 100%.

Cheers Robin!

Ok, I'm processed out for tonight so here is one final image comprising 20 mins of capture de-rotated in winjup. I love the smoothness of this image but the hex is not as sharp as the single avi image above.

gallery_4016_412_42632.png

Very nice images there, Stuart. I'm off to Bordeaux at the start of next month and I'm hoping to get some imaging done there whilst Saturn is a few degrees higher than we get it here.

James

Stuart have you tried combining multiple channels together & using DeRotate ? ie 3 x R, 3 x G & 3 x B?

Got to say the colouring is pretty spot on i think & makes a great capture.

Got to say the colouring is pretty spot on i think & makes a great capture.

Very nice images there, Stuart. I'm off to Bordeaux at the start of next month and I'm hoping to get some imaging done there whilst Saturn is a few degrees higher than we get it here.

James

Have a great trip James & may good weather be with you :-)

Thanks James. Very shrewd going south for a better elevation good luck with your French jaunt!

Thanks Freddie yep the last one is silky smooth but studying closely its detail is not as good so I may stick to working with single avis. De-rotating images works well with poor to average data but when conditions are good I feel the single avis win as adding others tends to degrade the detail.

Thanks Ewan I derotated 4 colour images together in that last image I assume thats what you mean?

Thanks Michael and Naemath!

Cheers Pete its so nice to have some good conditions after the dross we've had these past months. Red filter landed on my door step today (very impressed with modern astronomy) so will combine the mono and colour cam to produce some RRGB shots

Archived