DMA

Hello

Finally after years of putting it off buying a telescope I have brought a 130p dob.

Have been viewing Saturn (fantastic) and am now adding to my eyepieces.

Have already gained some very useful advise from the great forum.

thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

great choice of telescope ;-)

I just had the first bunch of clear nights with my heritage 130p.

Saturn, Jupiter, M51, M81, M82, M108, M44, ring nebula... phantastic for such a compact telecope.

What kind of eyepieces are you considering?

I use a 8mm Planetary and 20mm Erfle for general observation, and 3.2, 2,5mm Planetaries for the planets.

-Marcus

Marcus I have a meade 15mm, meade 2x barlow and have just ordered a meade 9.7mm(relacing supplied 10mm) & 6.4mm.

I think with the supplied 25mm this will give me a good range of magnifications.

I don't mind spending money on good eyepieces as they are a long term investment.

Thanks for welcome great to hear you're been seeing all these targets with the 130 dob.

Yeah, the supplied 25mm is pretty decent as an overview ep! :-)

With a barlow and the 6.4mm EP you will get amazing views of the planets for such a small telescope.

Are these Meade Plössl-Eyepieces? The planetary are much more comfortable to look through and for the the planets / high magnification it's nice to have alittle more aparent field of view. If I had to buy one now it would be one of those €30 eyepieces with 66 degree afov.

I only have 4mm Plössl and 30&40, so I don't know how critical a 6.4mm plössl is to look through (eye relieve).

Archived