Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

total newbie

bogdog

hi all total newbie at this astronomy stuff :huh:

i live in ireland,5min from the coast very rural so night skies are unbelievable..on a clear night,lp is non existing so i got a hobby :grin:

got a skywatcher 130 as a gift and spent a few cold nights out staring at the skies...now hooked for sure lol

so hooked, i went another step forward (running) into trying to do astrophotography..if only i had came across this site first :embarassed:

got myself a nikon 3100 and tried to combine (without any luck) it with my scope...fail

and in an attempt to find a cure ..i found here :grin: , a great wealth of info

didn't fancy trying to move lense of scope up the tube a bit,so opted to butcher a webcam instead, safest bet i think for now

so all i have to do now is find a tube to glue to front of it and try focusing it

if successful i hope to post some images,but still learning that part also :tongue:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi bogdog & welcome to SGL.

Nice location you have there.

Head scratching, trial & error and pesky cloud are all part of it.

Clear skies & equipment that behaves properly much better, it gets easier & if it doesn't just ask the friendly people on here.

thnx all ,

here is a pic i took just with camera itself ,i had only taken about 4 pictures of 30sec exposure and used deepskystacker app to see what i got?

wasn't expecting much as still learning..as you can see from pic lol(hope its not against any rules if its too big)

bi8abd.jpg

Archived