Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sir Patrick

Tycho

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vega, I believe that is not Sir Patrick's username, but rather that he was using someone else's.

Could be wrong though...

Andrew

Sorry Guys but i set up Tycho so we could log on from Sir Patricks home without having to do the whole regestration thing.

BUT the words were dictated by Patrick and he was looking at the screen as Rog typed it.

Incredible turn of events, it is amazing that Sir Patrick Moore is viewing our images and reading our posts. Welcome to SGL Sir :D

Between you and I......any chance of Myleens telephone number? And you can tell that pesky Pete Lawrence to stop upsetting us with his pictures.

We really are not worthy.

JV :D

Can't believe this!!!

All I can say is "Welcome" Sir Patrick!!

My son wrote to you after this years AstroFest when he couldn't get a book signed (they had run out) and you were kind enough to reply to him personally.

Wow!! SPM on SGL!!!!

If sir Patrick were to honour us by becoming an honorary member of SGL, perhaps he like to be known by the rank he held whilst a navigator during the war. "Squadron Leader" I am ashamed to say, I don't remember what his actual rank was.

Ron.

I'd like to thank Sir Patrick for getting me "into" astronomy all those years ago. He turned a mild intrest into a lifetime passion. Now I know who to blame for all those cold nights and the gaping hole in my bank account. :D

May your skies always be clear.

Rog, please pass on my personal thanks for the wonderful shows and books Sir Patrick has produced - his name is one with popular astronomy and has been since the beginning of the 'Space Age'. I have been to see him speak twice at Eden Court theatre in Inverness, home of our local astro society "The Highlands Astronomical Society" and it was a pleasure to hear and see him, and to meet him afterwards.

He's always welcome up North in the Highlands!

Antony

Hi all

As great as it would be to have Sir Patrick Moore visit these forums i sincerely doubt it was him.

After having spoken to him myself on the phone several times i gather the poor chap does neither have a computer anymore than he would know how to use one.

He uses an old type writer to correspond, of which i am very proud to say i have many he sent me.

I sincerely hope i am wrong, but doubt that i am. If i am, apologies in advance.

Otherwise a warm welcome Sir, u are a total hero to me.

AT

Welcome to the SGL Forums Sir Pat

If you need to find out anything to do with forums just ask away many very experienced forum users here no question is too dumb or indeed uninteresting

Joking apart ,I would like to wish you a very warm and sincere welcome from myself a mere humanoid

Sir Patrick did indeed quote what Roger typed at the beginning of this post, and on Sir Patrick’s computer.

Roger also explained what the SGL Forum is all about and we suggested that Sir Patrick pick a photograph from the picture of the week which he did from sitting at his desk as explained in other threads.

I will pass on everybody’s comments from this thread tonight and ask Sir Patrick to say a few words under my user-name.

This great Gentleman is the most welcoming person you could ever meet.

Trev.

Hi Astro Tiger ,i,m afraid you are totally wrong my friend, SIR PATRICK has aputer , the key board is a special one, with large key pads , he is connected to the net , this is not a Hoax , Sir Patrick was there with us all that evening sitting with us, and as stated at the start i was typing for him , whilst he looked on , ,as Trev said, we showed him all the past winners of POW which he loved, and picked out his fav , which as we know was Martin B the Elephant Trunk Nebula , i also showed him my web page as well , he liked the LUnar images, also loved my Dome raising an eyebrow , so no indeed , he was there , no Hoax, hope that settles any thoughts that this was a wind up , NO IT WAS,NT,

Rog

Sir Patrick would like to say.....

Thank you all so much.

I feel very honoured.

I don't feel i have done much, and i am rather a back number now,

But of coarse i will help in any way i can.

l am on the end of a phone.

Best wishes to you all

Patrick

Archived