Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sir Patrick

Tycho

and i am rather a back number now,

Sir Patrick rarely gets anything wrong, but he's certainly very wrong indeed with that assumption. :(

How can No.1 ever be classified as a 'back number' :nono:

Sir Patrick, your modesty does you credit.

Dave

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in tht case, please accept my apologies

Sir Patrick you have been an inspriation to me for most of my life.

You are my hero, my inspiration

I met you once in 1986, was due to visit you some years ago.

You also wanted me to attend your 80th b day party, the invitation never arrived.

Would be an honour to meet you again sir

PS, i sent a pic to you framed some time ago, it tired to depict your lifetime, did you get it?

Best regards

AT

Infact to futher add to this post, i would also like Sir Patrick to know he has been the source of inspiration for me since i was a young lad, barely turned 13 in london.

I ended up corresponding with Sir Patrick from a young age, right after my uncle found his home address in the whittakes almanak.

I then wondered if it might be ok to write to him. My heart warmed when i recall a TV broadcast where he mentioned he tried to reply to each letter he got.

So i commenced writing in earnest. Each letter i got i knew was from you Sir Patrick by the way it was typed on that typewriter of yours.

It was an honour each time i got a reply. I have over 20 communications from you Sir Patrick, of which i have treasured in a small case. In time i will put them into an album for all to see.

It was my dream you should be knighted, and u are and very well desearved. You are a legend Sir Patrick, an example for us all.

I could write an essay of my praises for you, but there is not the time (tonight) You are the best Sir

Someone please pass this on.

BTW, could u do me a favour Sir wen next at a BAA meeting, could u say to Bob marriott for me, Alastair Steele-Leith says hi!

Many thanks Sir

Clear skies

Archived