Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sir Patrick

Tycho

Hello Stargazers,

i have looked through all the past winners of the SGLPOW , they are all very good , but i have choosen one i like best,.

I liked the Elephant Trunk, by Martin B,

iF Martin can send me a hard copy of this image please.

Thank you ,keep up the good work.

Patrick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening sir Patrick, and may I add my sincere thanks for the inspirational program the Sky at Night. You and that program instilled a deep love of astronomy in me, and I am sure, in thousands of others. Please stay with the programme for many more years sir, because we all continue to need you at the helm.

Thank you.

Ron.

Welcome Sir Patrick, its an honour to have you join our ranks.

Perhaps you can persuade Chris to join the Forum as well. Tell him from us all that he'd be very welcome.

Chris "lurks" on UKAI, so I`d be surpised if he isnt on here already :D

Welcome Sir Patrick, its an honour to have you join our ranks.

Perhaps you can persuade Chris to join the Forum as well. Tell him from us all that he'd be very welcome.

Chris "lurks" on UKAI, so I`d be surpised if he isnt on here already :D

What about the other Rog, do you know if he's about on SGL

The wonderful thing about Sir Patrick, and the rarest among the very capable, is his ability to estimate himself and his own abilities as accurately as anyone else's. The determination not to fool oneself, as Feynman, I believe, called it, is the true hallmark of the scientist. Thank you for shining so much light to those around you, Alpha of British Astronomers.

Wow. I just came in after playing in my shed for a while and I'm awestruck. The actual real life Sir PM was really here? How lovely. If I may add to the recent plaudits, you sir, are a real star. You have been an inspiration to millions (me included of course) over the course of your TV career, thank you for what you have done.

Kaptain Klevtsov

I propose that we make Sir Patrick an Honary Gamma Ray Burst member of the SGL as we can hardly describe him as an atom :D.

Welcome to you Sir Patrick, and like so many have expressed, you are an inspiration to us all.

P.S. I was amazed to see a picture of comet Holmes on your last episode of Sky at Night by John Fletcher as i had seen it being taken during a visit I made to John's only days before the program was transmitted. Your program is always upto date and informative and long may it reign.

Regards,

Kevin

Welcome to SGL, an honour to have you aboard Sir Patrick. :salute: I notice your username is fittingly of 'a certain' crater on the moon :D

Admins: I think Sir Patrick's username position should be vastly upgraded from Atom status ? Do we have special status' for honorary members ?

Matt

Archived