Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

Husky

Hi there,

Nice forum you have here. I am a farmer in Ireland who has had an interest in the skies for a while. Interest probably developed due to having to drive tractors at night in isolated locations, not much else to look at besides the stars, and good dark skies. I also find looking at stars a great stress-buster, the huge scales of distance and size make you feel very insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Not that I am a stressed person, I am actually pretty laid back.

Anyway, we had a good harvest this year, and with the price of corn as it is, I have decided to indulge myself and get a scope and develop my interest further. A neighbour lent me a 10" last winter, I missed it after he took it back.

Hi Husky. Is your name derived from what you do, you know, Wheat, Husk. Husky. Just a thought. Thinking on night time harvesting, are you in the UK?. Sounds more like an American activity.

Anyway, sorry for the drivel. I welcome you to SGL, And hope you enjoy being with a great bunch of people.

Cheers Ron. :D

Hi Husky and welcome from another farmer in Dorset.

Anyway, we had a good harvest this year, and with the price of corn as it is, I have decided to indulge myself and get a scope and develop my interest further.

You lucky thing - all our corn money bought was a new combine! :D

Andy.

This place is almost as friendly as Ireland is supposed to be.:D

You lucky thing - all our corn money bought was a new combine! :D

What you get? We still trundle around with a cabless Clayson 1530, which was bought new. It's a year older than I am. Cuts the peas fine.

Needless to say, we get contractors to do everything else.

The price of a new combine is frightening.

Hi Husky. Is your name derived from what you do, you know, Wheat, Husk. Husky.

Nope, smoked too much that night, was told my voice was "husky".

We got a very new, very shiny New Holland TC56 15ft cut. Does exactly the same job as the old Clayson 1530 (which incidentally we still have one and it is still called into action occasionally when new technology fails. :D)

Andy.

Archived