NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My new scope

Roy

Hi all,

As some of you may know I recently sold all of my imaging gear and bought this, I haven't had a chance to use it yet (long story) but I'm looking forward to it.

ps....excuse the state of the garden :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my own fault really Dave,

In my excitement to get up and running I managed to break one of the encoders and so had to order a new one from the states which all takes time. (Weeks)

I guess it'll teach me to read the instructions properly next time and not be in such a hurry :D

Roy

That's a beauty. I got the catalogue sent over from the States recently and I know the crafstmanship that goes into these. I take it that you got one with the ServoCat and Argo Navis DSC GoTo system?

Wish it was mine :D but I couldn't afford one, even if delivery and import was free.

Looking forward to a first light report.

Regards, Martin

Cant,t see any ladders there Roy ehehehheheheh , well would u believe ,Roy has thrown away his imaging gear , :)well i,m sure you will have many an hour with that beast Roy, imagine star fields in that one , should be fantastic , and of course those nebs we take , good luck and keep uss up to speed etc , will you be doing any more imaging .

Rog

:D

So what compost / fertiliser did you use to grow that beauty, I am ready to plant my 200mm dob next spring, will it be ready be the autumn????

That is a beast, I am sure you will enjoy the views, but don't forget the oxygen mask / parachute for when you view near the zenith :D :D

naz

Thanks for the kind words lads,

philsail1, Taking it down only takes a matter of a few minutes believe it or not, it really is a lot easier than you'd think.

Rog, as far as imaging goes, never say never m8 :D

Gordon, Sorry mate but it takes a lot to get me to smile (Old farts syndrome) :D

Martin, Yes I ordered it with the ServoCat and Argo Navis, thought it would be best to have it factory fitted, I'm useless when it comes to that sort of thing.

Ron, I'll get the grass cut soon, honest

JV who you calling a dodgy geezer, I know where you live you know :D :D

Ian, I actually went out last night to try it out but as you say it was so windy that I soon gave up, did get a look at Comet Holmes though before I packed up.

Hopefully next time it'll be less windy and I'll be able to do an alignment and get the old goto fired up.

Oh and as Arthur said climbing up a ladder really isn't a problem.

20" scope Roy, and easy to pack away - sounds great, but seriously, how does one observe through such a scope?

I thought I was struggling with a milk crate for my Skywatcher 200mm!

As other have said - the views through your scope (lunar, planetary, and especially deep sky), must be truly fabulous!

That instrument must be a prime candidate for a fixed and covered proper observatory?

definately wishing you the clearest of skies Roy!

Regards,

philsail1

Archived