Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new scope

Roy

A great looking 'scope Roy. A bit on the small side, but hey - size isn't everything :D

Martin - you would probably need a bigger car to transport a 20" Dob to Drymen or Harperigg - possibly a divorce also, Lesley might flip if you suggested getting one of these. But it would knock David's 11 inch into a cocked hat :D

You will get great views through that "beast", Roy.

Enjoy.

Tom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom - These things are surprisingly transportable. I've got the DVD from Obsession which shows these breaking down to fit in the boot of an estate car no bother at all. But you're right, Lesley wouldn't wear it at all.

Gary - Obsession do sell a 30" dob as well. I think that's the biggest commercial 'scope available.

Totally green with envy. Martin

Crikey :shock:

Do you take it to star parties, and when somebody shows you their telescope say "That's not a 'scope, THIS is a scope!"*

Very impressive piece of engineering there Roy.

*Appologies to any Crocodile Dundee fans out there.

• 1 year later...

Hi Roy that looks the danglies! I had the opportunity to try an 18" Obsession with Servocat at Kelling Heath very simialr to your recently and it was absolutely fantastic. Just slewing around picking stuff up so easily. The Tour feature was great too. Probably the ultimate larger aperture setup I rekon. I also think that it would be awesome for planets at high power too with that amount of aperture. I remember looking at Saturn with an 18" Obsession years ago and the view was fantasic thought frustrating as the planet moved but with this rig that isn't an issue.

Nick

Uau,what a canon!!!I have reçieved yesterday the cataloge with a DVD from obsession and i was amazed with the beauty of that scopes and with the ARGONAVIS GO-TO sistem.Only one word to define this scope-perfect.

Congratulations roy.

Archived