Greetings and salutations

Jul

Just signed up to this website. My Grandfather left me h is old Celestron5. I've just removed the front corrector and cleaned it with bleach-sorry water and liquid hand soap :tongue: . It has come up very clean -the blue bloom which was apparent has now gone. I'm interested in getting a camera Canon eos 40d to take both astro and terrestrial photographs. Just taking pot luck here. Looks like a good website.

Will I find help elsewhere about this celestron model(pre-dates C5) and the best way to attach camera.

Cheers

Jul :grin:post-29694-0-61151700-1363441129_thumb.jpost-29694-0-61151700-1363441129_thumb.j

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL

With a T adaptor it's possible the camera might fit directly onto the back of the telescope for imaging and as others have already said, the L-series lens should be good for wide field imaging too. To get to grips with the whole process of imaging you might find Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" a worthwhile read. I'd certainly recommend doing so before spending on anything major.

James

Archived