newbie from West Sussex Again

coppernob

Introducing myself.

I am here because without prompting my Wife thought it would be a good idea to buy me a Meade EtX80 for Christmas. I live on the coast west of Worthing where at least half the sky seems dark. I had no previous astronomy experience but Now I am hooked on reading about everything to do with my first ever scope and learning my way around the stars. Astounded by good views of Jupiter, moon, Orion etc

Then unfortunately I have been very disappointed by the clouds, rain and snow. I Can't wait to get back out there.

I have been browsing this forum for a week or so after a suggestion to look here for advice on how to get on with the hobby. We were at my first ever star party on Nepcote Green at the time with my local astro society when I heard about this place.

I also recognise how bad weather leads to hankering after more and better kit. My wife might be regretting getting me the scope though she did enjoy seeing the moon and jupiter.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Andy. You've certainly come to the right place for friendly chat and advice. As you say, despite the clouds this can be an addictive (and expensive) hobby.

Good luck, and enjoy those clear skies when they come :smiley:

Jason

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. Good to keep your better half on board as there will always be the next upgrade - trust me, it's called aperture fever and we're all sufferers! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Andy

A warm welcome to the SGL

you live in a good area for star gazing , there is a star party held in East Sussex every September

so the skies can't be that bad :grin:

see you there

Doug

Archived