Hello from Sydney

prejto

Hello!

I'm new here but have lurked a bit reading some fine discussions.

I live in Sydney, but migrated to Australia from the USA in 2005, dragging with me a lovely (heavy!!) f15 5" refractor on a Cave Astrola mount. That should really date me!

A couple of years ago I decided to join the modern world of astronomy and for a brief time had a nice HEQ5 + 100 mm Skywatcher ED Refractor. The bug then hit very hard and I purchased a Paramount MX , a TEC140 ,and a Moravian G2-8300 CCD. It's all nicely set up permanently on my back deck with a roll off cover. It's very nice to be able to image in comfort remotely if only the weather would cooperate. Light pollution is the least of my worries...it's the rain. It just won't stop.

Looking forward to meeting some of you here!

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/prejto/image/148725528

post-29363-0-38774900-1361962219_thumb.j

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL. I was down-under is Sydney (working at the CSIRO for three weeks) a few years ago, and boy did I see some awesome sights in the night sky. Sorry to hear about the rain. We have plenty of that here, which is where my Barmah roo-leather hat comes in so handy.

Cheers

Michael

Archived