SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Fleet, Hampshire

Tugboat

Hi all

Thought I'd say "hi", so err..."hi" to everyone. I've been looking for a good active astronomy forum for a while and it looks like I've found one!

I've recently taken up astronomy after purchasing a Skywatcher Skymax 90. I bought the tabletop version, and even when balanced precariously on top of my wheelie bin I've been able to see a great view of Jupiter and more recently Mars (but it was pretty small!). I'm also currently taking an OU course in astronomy, so that I can understand more of the technical background behind it all.

Anyway that's the introduction over, I'm now off to the wanted and for sale forums to see if I can find an EQ2/3 mount so I can give the wheelie bin a rest....

Steve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve.

I have just upgraded to an 8" Skywatcher explorer on an HEQ5 from my 130pm on an EQ2.

I may therefore may be willing to sell my EQ2 if your interest. The mount is in good condition as I am always careful with my equipment. It would come with the R.A. motor drive as well although the spring on the motor which enables you to use the 'clutch' to engage the motor has stretched, however instead you just move the motor into position with your hand and then it sits in place just fine and allows you to track just the rotation of the stars.

ALternatively you could get a new spring as it just attached to the outside.

PM me if your potentially interested.

The bonus is I am only in Basingstoke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi Steve 

Nice to meet you, like you say its a wonderful place,so much to do,so little time to do it,and so many topics..its an alladins cave full of astronomical goodies!!!

I only joined yesterday,and im just feeling my way around at the moment...anyhoo as I said nice to meet you.

Steve                 

Archived