Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC434/M42

Fay

It is so long since I have been able to get any imaging done. as i have had so much trouble with my finderscopes etc, i decided to go outside & get it sorted the other night. I also wanted to test a new L bracket I had made for the QSI so i could turn the camera for another view when using a lens. I have also had a thinner front plate made for the qsi, as i could not get focus when using my OIII filter when using a lens. I now have a lot more leeway & had to sort out the new focus point when using the HA 7nm filter.

Well i have never been outside when it was so windy! Bit scary as i was near to a lot of very large trees. i set up & let it all run and was surprised that I got anything.

QSI 583ws, 7nm ha, Leitz Telyt 180mm APO @ F4 , 9x900, 3x600

Will add to this as soon as outside happens to be favourable again!

Thanks,

Fay

8434479397_1a0a29b134_b.jpg

Really really lovely image Fay, know how you feel about getting out there it seems ages since I last did any imaging but our astronomy group got out there last night and enjoyed observing these two on the rear clear night we had. Have decided to keep my ed80 now and get my lazy astrobutt into gear and do some imaging soon, inspired. :grin:

A lovely image - I often find that images of the HH and Flame are not pleasing visually (however impressive technically) as the two forms are very discordant, but in this image they work well together. M42 is also beautifully resolved.

Archived