hi from Hartlepool .

johnt81

got myself some binocs 20*60 first clear night looking at the moon was great. I think im going to love astronamy . Joined the forum a couple of nights ago ive read a few bits and pieces on here great site looking forward to learning more, maybe get a telescope in the future also i would love to take images but one step at a time . thanks John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi John and welcome to the forum. There's plenty of time to upgrade or to get into imaging but for now I would enjoy what you have and to learn the night sky. To that end and if you haven't done so already, I would certainly recommend some free planetarium software called Stellarium which you can view more about here. has lots of interesting features and can be configured from your exact viewing location.

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi John and welcome to the forum. There's plenty of time to upgrade or to get into imaging but for now I would enjoy what you have and to learn the night sky. To that end and if you haven't done so already, I would certainly recommend some free planetarium software called Stellarium which you can view more about here. has lots of interesting features and can be configured from your exact viewing location.

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Thanks a lot that link is really good could identify a lot of the constelations in the sky with this aid .

Hey John, I'm in Middlesbrough not too far from you. Hope you we have some decent clear nights up this neck of the woods.

You should have a look at the Cleveland and Darlington Astronomy website. From the top of my head I think it is http://www.cadas-astro.org.uk. They meet at Wynyard which won't be too far from you (if you drive), they have various meetings with a guest speaker which are very good and they have public observing nights.

Get yourself along!

Rob.

• 7 months later...

Archived