Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Turn Left At Orion

Jiggy 67

I have the previous edition of this book. My question is....is it worth buying the new edition, I know the new one is spiral bound, but does it just contain the same objects as the previous edition or is there a whole host of new objects??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, thanks guys, I knew the book would get a triple A rating.....but still in a quandry as to whether there is enough new content to warrent the expense......wonder if the library have a copy to check out???......or I could stop being a miser and just buy it!!!

I bought the Kindle Edition and yes, all the new content is present. Think I'd have preferred the spiral bound version though on reflection.

Just started reading this on Kindle (might get the spiral bound copy too) - its very easy to understand, have learnt about 100 new things already - im on page 10 lol

How does the layout look on the Kindle? I was considering getting it on my Kindle but with all the imagery in it I thought it might be better getting a physical copy instead.

Havent got passed 20 pages or so, so cant really comment, obviously with them being forced to use a coded layout it wont look as good as in the book. Ive found a few images on further pages and thought "That makes that paragraph much simpler to understand" and no doubt in the printed version the image would be somewhere relative to the text.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, thanks guys, I knew the book would get a triple A rating.....but still in a quandry as to whether there is enough new content to warrent the expense......wonder if the library have a copy to check out???......or I could stop being a miser and just buy it!!!

Have a look at this book instead:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illustrated-Guide-Astronomical-Wonders-Observer/dp/0596526857/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1360806213&sr=8-6

Regards.

m12

Archived