Bitten by the bug!!

H20HSE

Hi, just wanted to say hello. After much research and watching Stargazing Live this week I have today purchased and set up my Skywatcher 150P.

Am most definitely a newbie to this, and hopefully I've managed to set my new baby up correctly. We have a clear sky in Lancashire tonight and I could see stars through the eyepiece, so something must be right. And I've just returned from a very cold walk where I was familiarising myself with some of the constellations.

Looking forward to seeing the moon, planets, nebulae etc, and am sure to be using this forum for some much needed advice at times!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL, You have got a great scope. I've had my 150p just a few months but already had some great views, tonight I've been looking at Jupiter the forum is a great place to find answers to many questions.

As already said by others you will need to collimate your scope, I got a laser collimator and use it regularly. Enjoy, the universe has just opened up to you.

Hi and welcome to the forum. In order to find some of the great objects up in the night sky or to identify objects you discover along the way, you might want to consider downloading some free planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can read about here. LOts of great features to keep you entertained, especially when the clouds come in and it can be configured from your precise viewing location to help create an accurate simulated sky identical to the one that can see with your scope.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived