NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

raw beginner

ramstar

Having always been in awe of what's out there and having come acrosss

this site by accident (and thank goodness I did!), I bit the bullet & went ahead and bought the Skywatcher 200 Dob. it arrived just before Xmas & I was allowed by my nearest & dearest to open the 2 boxes to check it was all there. no problem putting the stand - sorry, mount - together but thats it. Its almost as though I,m too wary of going any further! Tomorrow's the big day to put the telescope itself together but either I'm even thicker than i thought I was or the instructions are not the most helpful! Is there anywhere I can obtain some much-needed help please?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. We can offer plenty of help to get you up and running so don't hesitate and ask away under the appropriate section.

Congratulations on getting a great scope and here's wishing you some clear skies to test it out!

Enjoy the forum

James

Hello Ramstar and welcome to SGL!! You have a really good scope there and you will, I'm sure spend many happy hours with it (assuming these pesky clouds clear!). If you have any problems assembling the scope just start a thread in the beginners section and you will soon get answers to your questions - we are all here to help each other. (You are right in assuming that most scope manufacturers supply pretty useless manuals!)

welcome aboard you will find lots of useful tips and help in here friendly bunch too, a 8 inch dob is a brilliant first scope enough light gathering power to keep you interested and pick out the fuzzy galaxy's and resolve the globular clusters. any questions you have on yoour scope fire away plenty of people on here to help :grin:

Dan

Archived