Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomical Christmas Presents

CSM

My daughter has just asked my wife what I want for Christmas. So thinking of Astronomical Christmas Presents which wouldn't break the bank, say around the £20 - £30 mark, or maybe even up to £70 or £80 if the your kids clubbed together, what would you ask for?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Sky & Telescope's Pocket Sky Atlas as a birthday pressie. Very nice, it doesn't give you any words on the targets, it's maps all the way. But it's spiral-bound so opens flat nicely, it's compact (A5 I think), and I won't be scratching my head wondering what to look at in specific constellations any time soon! :-)

Warm hat/gloves/socks might also be a possibility. "Astronomy: making socks a desirable Christmas present" :)

James

Last year I had a woolly hat, great pressie really keeps the head warm but SWMBO said "Don't think you're coming out with me wearing that" :eek:

Last year I had a woolly hat, great pressie really keeps the head warm but SWMBO said "Don't think you're coming out with me wearing that" :eek:

To which the obvious response is surely "No, you can get your own." ?

James

How about asking for a digital subscription to Astronomy Technology Today for 10 USD/year

Great idea! :)

Pete,

Nice tip on the digital magazine, i've not come across that before, might have to be an early christmas present. "To Me, Merry Christmas, From Me"

Exactly what i was thinking. 4 weeks early xmas present. Shame they don't take Paypal but $15 for 2 years seems good value. :)

Archived