Another New Member

Tel

Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased a Nexstar 127SLT after much reading on this and other sites before deciding on what I was looking for. I have been interested in astronomy for many years and now that I have retired I have the time to do something about it.

After waiting for days for the skies to clear I finally had a chance last night to see the moons around Jupiter and very impressed with my purchase.

I am a beginner at this and look forward to some great advice from all you very knowledgeable people.

Terry.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum. Looks like you have made a good choice regarding kit and have been fortunate to get a bit of clear sky to try it out! Please ask any question you like using the appropriate section headings that are available and we will do our best to help you get your understanding up to to speed. You help locate other objects and to help you identify what you are looking at you might want to consider downloading a free bit of planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can view here. Lots of great features to have a play around with and it can be configured from your precise viewing location enabling you to create the same sky as you see with your scope - minus the clouds! :grin: :grin: :grin: It is very popular amongst many here and will certainly enhance your viewing experience along with your knowledge of where the constellations etc can be located.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived