Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hutech IDAS P2 LPS Filters at First Light Optics

FLO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Spectral response graph (% transmission vs. wavelength in nanometers) shows the spec' target for every IDAS Light Pollution Suppression filter. Major emission lines generated by artificial lighting are also indicated.

hutech-idas-lps-transmission-chart.jpg

The IDAS provides much better colour balance on galaxies etc... It's great to have FLO as a UK source for the Hutech Filters at last...

It might be worth adding the MFA version available as well - I use them in my APS-C sized canon cams... and they also do a kit of two Borg Adataptors to turn the 2" filter into an SCT cell filter...

Peter...

What I particularly like about these filters (apart from the fact that they remove LP!!) is that unlike other LP filters, the Hutech doesn't produce any colour cast. For one shot colour cameras (both DSLRs and OSC CCD cameras) there is no equal.

I was going to ask whether you were going to stock these :)

I believe there is a kit to front mount these filters on both Canon and Nikon DSLRs. Could you ask James to investigate. I say James because he seems to have loads of spare time to play with his new Borg toys !

Dave.

I believe there is a kit to front mount these filters on both Canon and Nikon DSLRs.

Peter (Psychobilly) mentioned it, we'll order some and add it to our website.

Could you ask James to investigate. I say James because he seems to have loads of spare time to play with his new Borg toys !

Quite right, he's having waaay too much fun :grin:

I'd love to hear from anyone that uses these within a mono imaging train for all filters, not only L.

Me too.. my first Mono CCD & FW will be on it's way to me soon & I was wondering whether to use a LP filter in the train for LRGB ?

I use a SkyWatcher LP filter in front of my coma corrector, so it is in place for all my filters LRGB+Ha. It works well as a technique but seems to cut out a fair chunk of the red end. Looking at the IDAS curve the Ha at 656nm should make it through almost unscathed so may well look into an upgrade.

I use a SkyWatcher LP filter in front of my coma corrector, so it is in place for all my filters LRGB+Ha. It works well as a technique but seems to cut out a fair chunk of the red end. Looking at the IDAS curve the Ha at 656nm should make it through almost unscathed so may well look into an upgrade.

I didn't think you needed to worry about LP when using Narrow Band filters?

I didn't think you needed to worry about LP when using Narrow Band filters?

You probably don't but I don't fancy breaking down my imaging train mid run, when I can just leave it in front and turn the wheel. I just shoot longer subs in Ha and more subs in Red so that when I combine at +1.32 in red I have enough data to cover it. If the IDAS gives a closer match for RBG then it will be worth it, and I still use a DSLR for a wider field.

I'd love to hear from anyone that uses these within a mono imaging train for all filters, not only L.

I am also wondering about using these in conjunction with LRGB filters, would be very pleased to learn about that.

This is great news btw FLO :D

It's interesting what Hutech have to say about the coating stability with respect to temperature changes. It is something we observed with dielectric coatings many years ago. As the coatings warmed the transmission charcteristics could be seen to change markedly with temperature. With steeply curved narrowband coatings this temperature vs wavelenght shift would be more severe. It's good to see they are using a high density coating technique for these parts.

Would these need an increase in exposure? Gee whiz - £155 for a filter? Am I in the wrong business? :Envy:

I have just bought my first ever filter - the Skywatcher LP one. Cheap and cheerful but should get me on the road with filters at least.

Archived