Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45 Seven Sisters

MarPi

This is my new picture. This object is very popular, but for me it's discovering it anew. Although it is quite a popular but it is difficult to processing (for me and my setup).

Mount: Heq5

Telescope: Orion 80ED + FF/FR 0.8

Detector: Canon 350D mod

Guide: SW 80/400 + OSSAG

Exposure: 156 min(12x5min;12x8min)

All opinions are welcome

post-26689-0-37380600-1352294567_thumb.j

FULL RESOLUTION HERE

Love it. Fluffy and nice nebulosity and a good wide angle.

Edit: I also found a renewed love for M45 yesterday when I watched BBC Seven Ages Of Starlight. It seems the Pleiades are really really young and fresh stars, still swimming in the dust from where they were born. Typically Orion, chasing after the new kids loitering on his porch.

Thanks for warm welcome. It is nice to hear that.

Hi,

Well done, that is a good looking image. I too have recently captured M45, only downside is i accidently deleted my flat and bias frames prior to processing :huh:

ian

Ian this image is without calibration frames. I am at the beginning of my adventure with astrophotography, so my picture are without calibration frames yet.

Thank you again for the nice review. So I am exciting that you like my picture.

The more that this is my begining in astrophoto - this is my 7'th photo on equatorial mount and mu equipment is 'humble'

As a curiosity - On the picture identified the two galaxy PGC

PGC 13696 (17.29 mag) and PGC 13557 (15.94 mag). PGC 13696 look's great!

post-26689-0-94465000-1352363008_thumb.j

Archived