Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another newbie

chkm8

Hi Guys,

Found the forum on dpreviews a digital photography forum I am a long term member of. Just had a browse and was struck by the friendliness of the members. I live in N.Ireland and moved to the the countryside 3yrs back. No street lights and very few other houses. The night skys are fantastic and as someone who loves the countryside, nature etc I couldn't believe the skys here after I moved house. I have spent many hrs looking at the skys and hope to learn some of the constellations. As a keen photographer I will be considering a scope and preferably one that allows attaching a DSLR (Canon 350). I will probably disappear now for a while and lurk in the background trying to learn a bit before embaressing myself with stupid questions. Anyway look forward to spending some time here and if I get set up with a scope etc maybe post some photos. Budget would have to be under £500 / approx $1000 so any suggestions welcome.

John.

Hi. John and welcome to SGL. Another photographer hey?. We have a number of avid imagers here, and not only of astro subjects. There has been some lovely images posted, and hope to see some of your images too John, when you get settled in.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :lol:

Archived