Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy is a cruel mistress.

paul schofield

Starting to loose the will to live now with this poxy weather.

In the last 3 months I have finished my eyepiece collection with a: Meade 5000 swa 24mm and a Baader G.O 6mm and how much chance have I had to use them ? zero. nada, nilch, niente, nulla. This has got to change soon, or I will just have to wait some more.

Paul.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to loose the will to live now with this poxy weather.

In the last 3 months I have finished my eyepiece collection with a: Meade 5000 swa 24mm and a Baader G.O 6mm and how much chance have I had to use them ? zero. nada, nilch, niente, nulla. This has got to change soon, or I will just have to wait some more.

Paul.

Fingers crossed Paul!!

My week old guide camera is twitching in the box. I've tried to calm it by taking some dark frames and reassuring it that it doesn't have too many hot pixels, but it's not happy. Good luck for some clear skies soon!

I find that the only good night of the week is normally a Tuesday - the night that we go out to ballroom/latin dance classes! :BangHead:

So many times I have been putting the car back in the garage after returning home and looked up to see perfectly clear, crystal seeing skies. I even saw M31 one Tuesday a few weeks ago and that is in a reasonably large town with horrible light pollution. It is always too late to set up though once we get back - work the next day!

I may have to give up my employment if it keeps interrupting my astronomy! Oh...wait...how will I buy all those little (and big!) things that I want? :icon_scratch:

I have forgotton how to use my telescopes, will have to find the instructions again so I know what to do when we have a clear night? It was clear most of the day but I was working and on my birthday!

Peter

Archived