Newbie from Essex

pkent365

Hi All,

Peter here, 37, I'm based in Essex, blessed with some great skies from my back garden and just a short drive up the road I'm on the edge of the Dengie Peninsula dark skies. Started star gazing from about 6 years old (lived back in the suburbs of london then) and never looked back after being bought the book 'Turn left at Orion'. Moved out to the Essex coast in 2000 then out to my current location in 2006. Just about to begin on the astrophotography route now, I'm eyeing up a new goto HEQ6 mount for my 8" SCT :grin:. In the meantime I've purchased the Orion statshoot solar system IV just to get me started and also to grab a few moon shots for my 5 year old sons school project on space.

My other past times consist of wind surfing, skiing, snow boarding, inline hockey, running and weight training, my wife is amazing for letting me have so many hobbies :grin:.

Anyway, looking foward to browsing this site for tips and maybe one day offering some of my own advice gleamed from years of learning it the hard way!

Cheers,

Peter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived