Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Burnham on sea

stellawolf

Hello all

i am new to SGL but not new to astronomy ive been doing naked eye & bino observation on & off for about 33yrs, ive never been able

to afford a telescope as funds always get diverted elsewhere but it has not taken away the enjoyment away from just looking up on a

dark cloudless night and seeing all those wonderful stars & on a good night its amazing what u can see with just your eyes or a pair

of binos any way thats all for now hope to contribute as much as i can considering i do not have a scope.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stellawolf and welcome to the forum. Apologies for Bristol's light pollution which might possibly affect your viewing! :grin: If you haven't seen these sites already, I would recommend having a look to help you select some more targets for your binos.

The Binocular Sky here

Astroleague Binocular Messier Challenge here

Observational Astronomy by David Haworth (which details some useful links) here

Touring the Universe through Binoculars Atlas (TUBA) here

Phew...that should keep you busy! :grin:

Clear skies

James

Hello Stellawolf. I only wish I'd spent more time learning the observing skies. I've got a scope now and am having to find my way around virtually from scratch whenever the skies clear! Naked eye and binos are the best way to learn the landmarks. Hopefully you will get a scope one day and when you do you'll find all the help you need here (maybe someone here would help you find a scope)

Good luck

Jason :smiley:

hi james & thank you for those links ive just quick look & the tuba one loosk really good thanks again,

& no the LP frome bristol does not afect me here at burnham :smiley: the LP here is a lot better here

than where we used to live (north east leicestershire)

Archived