Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

kind of new to this...

3Rotor

good day every one.

Mike here from the south side.

I have just gotten a hold of my 3rd telescope, a nice little number that I'm hoping will let me see all the thing there are to be seen here on the bottom end of the planet.

My previous 2 scopes I both had up in the northern hemisphere (Canada)

Some pics of this new puppy.... it was a demo model that I got for a fair price.

a GC 200 f/4 on a Vixen mount. I also got me an EOS1100D for the shooting.

still on its way is the SYNSCAN Goto kit.

200mm_f4_GSO_9477.jpg

200mm_f4_GSO_9479.jpg

200mm_f4_GSO_9471.jpg

GC200_f4_vixenEQ5_9513.jpg

Apparently it had some tracking on already, because I did not get it with adjuster knobs, So I had to make my own....

200mm_f4_GSO_9496.jpg

200mm_f4_GSO_9500.jpg

The EOS 1100D will be particularly handy, as it is fully remote controllable, from a laptop. Combined with Stellarium and the Synscan software also on the laptop, Wireless networking, and I think I will be able so sit in front of my PC while surfing the skies

EOS_focus-extender-tube_9510.jpg

EOS_focus-extender-tube_9508.jpg

Hi Mike and welcome to SGL. Nice scope you have there, that is often the problem with shop or demo models, the odd knob seems to spirit itself away quite mysteriously while it is on display :grin: How useful to have your own lathe, might be worth giving the inside of your adaptor a coat of matt black though, in case of any reflection spikes, when using the camera :)

John.

Some mat black will indeed be applied, I am actually now busy making some extender tubes of different lengths, so I can use the camera with all the other eye-pieces I got, at this moment it only fits with the one 9mm Plossl.

as for the box of clouds, my other 2 telescopes where actually not telescopes, they where rain-makes... Yes! I kid you not! I just so much as have a lingering of a thought of wanting to look at some stars that evening, and it would be raining for a week.... :)

fortunately I now live way out on a farm and this time of year, it's blue skies all the way with minimal light pollution ... a Bit windy though, so we'll see how it goes.

here is a little vid of it's unboxing.

http://www.facebook....151085540778647

you have no idea....

If I where to loose it all and had to start over again, the very first thing I will get myself, is another lathe... erm ok.... maybe I'll get a bed and some chairs and stuff for the kitchen first...

Archived