NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

just received 250px

sam mayo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Sam :smiley:

It's not looking too good here (12 miles SW of Bristol) but you never know, it may clear. When you do get first light try and make M13 in Hercules an early target - globular clusters look amazing with 10" of aperture :grin:

Congrats on the new scope Sam been nice here all day but about 1hr ago some very dark clouds came over from the Chanel now I got no chance tonight hope it's better your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks all, it was looking okish then as it got dark the dark clouds roll in and is looking bad till sat and dont no from then,give me time to save and get a colimnator thinking chesire.

the longer i have to wait the more the anticipation grow and the better it will be when i get a clear nights, :)

managed a few hours chuffed to bits and as an added bonus seen 5 meteors witch i wasn't even looking 4 and 1 of them was truly spectacular felt like a welcome ceremony for the dob!! :) was very lucky

i did realise i few things i need 1=dew shield (making now)was really bad can u make oner for the finder and focuser?

2=eps

3=collminator (most important)

Congratulations on the scope...Enjoy...Look at the pole star..Its a lovely double in the 10 inch with the 10mm eyepiece..easy to find and if you see two lovely points of light then your collimation will be broadly fine...

Might clear well tonight but keep an eye out for occassional showers...If not you might have to wait until next week for some clear skies..

Mark from Thornbury

www.bristolweather.org.uk

if your looking for a cheap eyepiece i recommend the 2inch 42mm revelation from telescope house £37 for the money spot on and not heavy in a dob, and with your f number still works well. Big exit pupil but never seems to be an issue.

Archived