Hello from Norfolk

Archaeology53

Hi,

Earlier this year I took up the hobby of astronomy again, after a break of some fifteen years. I used to have a TAL II and enjoyed using it for astro-photography using a Zenith E (?) 35mm SLR camera. I came across this forum by chance and used it, along with other sources, to help me decide on what telescope and equipment to buy. I find the forum to be a good source of information and the people on it appear to be friendly and helpful. Anyway, I thought it about time that I write and introduce myself.

I eventually purchased a Celestron C8 on a CG5 GOTO mount with an Atik Titan mono CCD from those very helpful people at Green Witch. I’m amazed at how far the hobby has advanced over the last fifteen years and I am finding it a steep learning curve getting to grips with this equipment. Whilst I live in rural Norfolk, like a lot of people, my back garden is invaded by light pollution. However, I am just beginning to obtain images, more by luck than judgement, where I can start to recognize what the ‘fuzzy blob’ is!

Bill

Hi Bill, welcome from me.

Used to own a Zenith SLR (sure it was an E) when i was at school some 30yrs ago, sold to me by my form teacher for £11. I still remember the look of dismay on his face when he parted with it, great camera.

And who of a certain age hasn't owned a Zenit-E at some stage?

Technically me, but only technicaly.

I did own a Zenit-B (no light meter) that I bought in Norwich, Pottergate if I recall, all black model as I think.

Still makes a good solid CLUNK as you press the button.

Greetings Bill and welcome to SGL.

I'm currently getting to grips with my TAL2. I'm spending so much time with it people are beginning to talk :shocked:

I still have my Zenith E, like the scope, built like a tank. That Helios lens is brilliant. I would like to mount it on the scope at some stage, probably not state of the art but I just love the idea of the combination.

(May have to pick your brain at some stage)

Good luck

Jason :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill

A warm welcome to the SGL

I also like fuzzy blobs with light pollution you should speak to your Council they may beable to change the covers on the street lights if not cover the nearest one with a black plastic bag on a long piece of wood :-)

only till the morning of course

Archived