NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASIGN Observatory II is back on track!!

ASIGN_Baz

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Baz!, I'm sure you and your community will get great enjoyement from all your hard work for years to come:) What scope are you putting in there again ETX70? :D

Cheers mate. ED120 and ED80. Picture of the rig in the old observatory at the bottom of this page. http://www.asignobservatoryii.com/ Maybe one day some millionaire will donate a big RC!!!

Thanks Gina!

1. Telescope installed - fire extinguisher fitted as priority!

6daHJ.jpg

2. Preliminary calibrating on the moon.

tMVmX.jpg

3. "FIRST LIGHT" through the ASIGN Observatory II telescope! A very quick shot with only the DSLR on the scope, but enough to check the optics.

4MHHF.jpg

4. Crop and different processing of the above.

4vB3d.jpg

I think that's the best image of the moon I've ever seen :) Good to see some scopes on the pier :)

Why thank you Gina. Too kind. This is really a well-processed snapshot in my humble opinion, but I still have an astro-modified ToUCam to play with and convert a few thousand frames in an avi into a very detailed image.. once I re-learn how...it's been a few years since I used it.

Baz.

All the cameras and cables installed now. Mount aligned to the planet's axis and ready for imaging. Now to wait for that pesky moon to go away and have a clear night!!

1. The mighty photon hunter!

1VJyS.jpg

2. Looking out to the heavens.

OEuyD.jpg

3. Peering into deep space.

3g7IV.jpg

4. Watchful warrior.

W9sft.jpg

Archived