Hi, just joined

lex

Hi, just joined :)

Just finished with the 'mid-life crisis get a motorbike again' phase, took me 5yrs and several crashes hopefully it's out of my system now.

Attempting to re-discover astronomy with a view to it being more rewarding and an awful lot safer.

Not got a telescope yet, suspect i'm going to order the skymax synscan 127 for its portability, poor sky views from my house unfortunately.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi lex, nothing wrong with mid life crises, nothing wrong with getting a motorbike either, it is a right of passage (and proabably cheaper than a younger woman!). Don't know about mid life though, my brother bought his self a Harley Davison for his 70th birthday and just loves it!!

Anyway welcome to SGL and hopefully you will find astronomy a bit safer - presuming you don't trip over next doors cat in the dark :grin: :grin:

Hi and welcome to the forum

Bikes will always be in your blood.....sorry to have to be the one to tell you :D

In between bikes myself at the moment..........don't think I'm cured though, I've been here before, and it ended with an empty wallet....again. :)

Took the plunge and ordered a skymax 127 from FLO, can't wait...

As for the bike, i used to be a despatch rider and despite my advanced years and 20yr riding gap i still rode like i was one, so safer for everyone that i stick to cars :)

Hi Lex and welcome to SGL, had a motor bike in my late teens, a big 250 Panther, fell of it and never rode it again, fell out with bikes altogether after that, much to the delight of my parental units :)

John.

Hi and welcome to SGL Lex. Once a biker always a biker.

You have some great countryside around there in Rossendale to get your telescope out into.

There is also the new Lancashire forum within SGL check it out, some of the members are not far from you, mind you nowhere's far from anywhere in Lancashire :tongue:

Hi

and welcome to SGL. I am still new here too.

I strongly recommend you stop with the motorcylcles. If you crashed, it means something. please take care.

astronomy will be much safer and of course you will learn a bunch.

I wanted to get a bike but thought about the safey issues since I live in Beijing.

so i just ride a mountain bike all the time. not the same but at least has some freedom to it and good for the weight.

anyway, this forum is great and filled with many helpful people

keep looking up :)

Archived