NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Member from California

goolosh

Hello Everyone! And greetings from California!

I just bought a Celestron 6se for myself and thought it's probably time i join an astro community to bounce ideas off of, and get new tips and advice in the future!

I had done some reading online about the best ways to align that particular scope, and i'll say i did the "Auto 2 Star" my first time and it worked 100% that first time. All it took was knowing at least a little about the stars, knowing how to find the North Star and knowing that Saturn and Spica are together for now. Knowing just that and it worked like a charm. I first messed around on the 2nd but it was in my backyard in the heart of Silicon Valley, so i just tested it's auto tracking. First real night out was on the 3rd. Took the scope out to Fremonts Peak in California, and was lucky enough to have a clear and not very windy night.

Despite the full moon, i was still able to enjoy Saturn and even got glimpses of the Ring Nebula, Andromeda, M95 ect.

I guess the only thing is now that i was able to see those deep sky objects, i kinda want the 8se!!! Oh how this hobby will break my bank! I can already see it coming!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello from Bulgaria, you live in a place I haven't been, I would like to come and see it one day just to see if it is the same as on TV. You have some wonderful shops for our hobby and I guess some super skies.

Alan.

Archived