Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SP 3.5 Was a roaring success!!!!!!!!!

I would just like to say a huge thankyou to everyone that turned up and made this SP a huge sucess! THANKYOU!

Thursday.................Myself mike and james managed a whole nights worth of viewing, Fantastic!

Everyone else arrived on the friday and saturday! Who all had a great time also!

I wont say much more than that as pictures will be posted shortly and you can all enjoy our fun filled time and very full bellies :D

Darren:)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, a big thank you to Darren for arranging such an enjoyable event (even if we did have wall to wall cloud on Saturday, which I understand he couldn't do anything about and even if I did wimp out at 9pm and drive home rather than stay in my £4.29 tent from Tesco).

Thanks to everyone already there for such a warm welcome and for Steve for bringing all that lovely kit along to drool over.

Gary

Had a reeeally good time :D

It was great to meet up again. Special thanks to Darren for arranging the event, and Greg and Daz (aka Big Cook, Little Cook) for the the chili and breakfast.

Looking forward to the next one 8)

A great weekend, despite the weather! One day, SGL will have an SP where we get to see some pesky stars!!!!

I have an item of lost property - a green fold up canvas chair. If you are missing one, PM your address and I will send it one, or bring to Kelling / Kielder if you want.

I had a smashing time..Missing you already... :(

Looking forward to Kelling in a few weeks..

Big thanks to Darren for organising..What a cracker mate.. :D

Big thanks to Daz for help in the kitchen and cooking a smashing brekkie :)

Big thanks to Mrs Daz (Tracy) For organising the clearing up .. You star.. :(

Helen (Husher) For the Welsh cakes..Yum.. :(

Mr Husher for helping us with the shopping and taking us to Tesco's Salisbury in a very nice car.... 8) 8) 8)

Maccers (James) For the use of the kettle and making us welcome in his tent..Thankyou.. :(

To all the others who made another SGL SP an event to remember..Thankyou..

Greg

A great weekend, despite the weather! One day, SGL will have an SP where we get to see some pesky stars!!!!

Daz - apparently they saw a few stars whilst we were in Salisbury sourcing beer/burgers... :D

I had a smashing time..Missing you already... :)

I second that - and the thanks to Darren for organising the event and providing brownies and cookies, Greg & Daz for the cuisine - of great quality and of a quantity that satisfied even me!!, also Tracy for the washing up, Darrens girlfriend Sam for keeping me in chocolate for the duration and Steve for proving that I have no (financial) self control when faced with quality Baader astro kit....

The first night was indeed clear for much of it. Clouds did come over later on... but the company more than made up for the lack of clear skies later!

James

Just got back home about an hour ago. Had a great time despite the weather. Good company, good food ('chillias, the ring-burner' is the only constellation to have shown itself in full :D ) - great chilli from Greg and Daz btw, good time all round really.

It was really good to meet everyone, put names to faces and check out the various 'scopes and accessories.

It really is an excellent site and hopefully Darren will be able to arrange a return next year and I'm sure next time the turn out will be even more.

I can't make Kelling or Kielder but I'm aiming to get to SGL4 wherever it may be - hopefully the cloudy skies curse will have been lifted from my 'scope then :)

Pics Here:-

How many Astronomers does it take to Collimate a Scope

Sorry L to R Daz (SGL T shirt), Astronut, Mpeniac, Greg, Steve(FLO), Darren, and Helen (Husher)

1030_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Don`t Ask ! !

1031_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I`ll post some more soon

Mike

Mike..

Pm me your address as I have a knob that you need for the HEQ5 Pro...I found it in the astro box, it's for the accessory tray..I'll stick it in a jiffy bag for you with the instruction manual..

Greg

Just want to say thank`s to everybody for a great weekend

Darren Great Organisation mate (Book me in for next year)

Daz and Greg The Chilli was AWESOME (even if i was running to the toilet block at 6am) :D

James for his `ever full` Kettle

Steve for bringing all the goodies we drooled over

Tracy for organizing the cleaning up

Sam for the Paracetemol sat morning

To all the new friends i met thank`s and hope to see you all soon (Keilder Maybe?)

Mike

Thanks guys.. very much enjoyed Friday night with those of you that were there for Friday!. Managed to steal control of the 300p for a breif alberio observation through thin cloud. we also managed M57 before the cloud really kicked in!... mind you the chat & beer was flo'in by then and we all had a great time. I managed to drive back (I had one bottle of Stella - DONT DRINK & DRIVE!!) for 1.15am.

Cheers Guys!... here's to the next one!.

P.s sorry to all those I did miss on Saturday.

Archived