SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SP 3.5 Was a roaring success!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh yes, the apple juice from Devon. A large container of this is currently on my dining room table 8)

Here's some more pics:

The normally camera-shy and reclusive Darren (stargazer1980) agrees to a photo...

1047_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

... and...

Chefs Greg and Daz resort to Meat Cleavers at Dawn whilst producing Saturday evenings Chillias..

1056_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

...and finally, a group shot from Saturday afternoon:

1057_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

From the right:

Martin (mpeniac), Darren (stargazer1980,Tracey (Mrs Daz), Daz, Matthew (Maroon Bells), Ian (Astronut), Greg (Greg: Formerly known as Phattire), Steve (Steve), Mike (mikkey99) and Alex (mate of Darrens).

Apologies if I've got them wrong!

James

We're all back too guys - thanks for a great weekend (its actually clear here now, but I'm shattered and going to bed!!)

Here are a few of my piccies (unstacked, unprocessed, Noel hasn't touched them....)

Firstly, Jean outside our moon-lander on Friday which was erected with the help of some extra height provided by Darren and Martin - THANKS GUYS :)

image.jpg

and then the main event of the weekend (well, excluding the company, and the eating, and the chatting...) the collimation of Jean's Lightbridge..

image.jpg

L to R: Martin (mpeniak), Richard (my nephew), Mike, Jean, Greg, and (headless) Steve

as if that wasn't enough...James, Ian and Daz join in too...

image.jpg

and so Greg takes over and Daz decides to get serious (L to R: Daz, Greg, Ian, Mike (my husband), Steve, Jean and Richard)

image.jpg

but finally, Daz decides that it just needs a good talking to....

image.jpg

and that seems to do the trick - everyone checked and agreed that the scope was truly collimated. If only it didn't have to go back into Jean's car and then down the potholed and rutted lane back to the road... never mind, Jean is very grateful for the advice and guidance she received and won't find collimation nearly so daunting in the future :salute:

And so the weekend came to and end - at least it was dry for the packing of the tents...

Me (L) and Jean finish getting the air out of moonlander..

image.jpg

It was great to meet everyone, chat about astronomy, see other bits of kit etc and get lots and lots of help, advice and encouragement! Stars would have been a bonus, but hey seems you can't have everything :(

Thanks to Darren for organising :D and everyone else for chipping in and making it fun!

Helen, Jean, Mike and Richard

Sounds like a great time was had by all, even a few hours of clear skies on the thursday!

One question though, does the SGL apron only come in the one size daz?

Just ordered myself a SGL T Shirt.

Ant

The covers were mine (if you mean the shiny silvery ones). As Steve said they're from Telegizmo's in the US but I got mine from the Widescreen Centre. They work a treat for me. They come in various sizes for your scopes and in two different types, one lot for casual use (i.e. for the duration of starparties!) and another type for all year round outside use.

James

Sounds and looks like a smashing time was had by all. Shame I couldn't make it but I did manage to help out on a Barbecue on Sunday whilst it was pouring down which bought back a few memories :D.

Bring on Kelling and Kielder!!

Tony..

The SP was great! It was even more amusing to find out that greg and steve were sharing a tent so you can imagine how much they got ripped for sharing a bed together :shock:!

I remember when everyone went to bed i started playing noises of a squirrel having sex and evryone was wetting themselves with laughter! Thought it was hilarious!!

Sorry guys, told you i was gonna mention it!

Bet you two didnt get cold, keeping each other toes warm eh :sunny:!!!

Darren :D:)

Archived