Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob mob

Darkstar_1

Hi , I have succumed and joined the dob mob, yesterday i took delivery of a 200p from FLO, and am now waiting for a clear night to play with it. The goto mak can go into storage, it's about time i learnt to star hop properly. Just waiting for the telrad now which is on back order :smiley: :smiley:

clear skies, Den.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Often have the odd pang of wishing I had bought a Dob as well. Suspect my next scope may be a sizeable Dob, although I it would have to be a goto. I have quickly discovered that manually hopping between stars (and not always the right stars) does not suit my patience levels.

using a right angle correct image finder as well as your Rigel and a star map, will help you with your troubles I think. these can of course be used on the dob too and you'll be able to afford more aperture - everyone's a winner!

At the risk of being controversial, I know I lot of you guys love your Telrads, but I find a Skywatcher RACI 9x50 finder is all I need. Congratulations on the new scope.

Hi and welcome to the mob, I have a 12" Revelation, great views everytime. you will really enjoy it.

As for the Telrad discussion, i opted for a Rigel, IMOH it is lighter, smaller and just as effective. Anyway, horses for courses.

ED

Welcome to the DOBMOB, ive been a resident of Dobsville for 12 days now, ive only had clear skies once so far(pesky clouds) Hopefully you've brought some better weather with you, Congrats on your wise purchase. clear skies. Dave :cheesy:

hi to all with many a year put in with my little 5inch dob it was time to get a bigger one so last night asked my wife can i av a skywatcher 250p and she said yes so got me self one now just need to put the time in until it comes so i would like to join the bigger dobmob lol

hi to all with many a year put in with my little 5inch dob it was time to get a bigger one so last night asked my wife can i av a skywatcher 250p and she said yes so got me self one now just need to put the time in until it comes so i would like to join the bigger dobmob lol

That's a big jump in aperture. Lovely views on your way. ;)

Archived